Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 12:13 AM

Default How many people do you want in when you have AA,KK?

Just curious guys, when you have AA or KK preflop in a full ring game, how many opponents would you want to play against? Obviously the more people, ther moew often you lose, but then the pots are bigger. Just curious how many poeple you guys like to go to war with.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: How many people do you want in when you have AA,KK?

This is a stupid question. You want everyone in the pot. Thread over.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:30 AM

Default All of them

Old 04-11-2005, 12:44 AM

You want everyone to want to be in for all their chips.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:07 AM

You guys really think your biggest EV situation is with all your opponents in?
Old 04-11-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys really think your biggest EV situation is with all your opponents in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. Ideally, I like to play AA against 2 other opponents in a full ring game.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What an incredibly idiotic response. At some point you only end up getting action from hands that beat you and if everyone is in, this is difficult to establish. Obiviously if this was a NL scenario all in preflop, you make the most money having everyone in the pot, but this is limit. The amount of money made with these hands is proportional to the # of people in, but i would guess at a certain point you dont want a family pot. Personally, I like to play KK against 2 opponents and AA against 3.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What an incredibly idiotic response. At some point you only end up getting action from hands that beat you and if everyone is in, this is difficult to establish. Obiviously if this was a NL scenario all in preflop, you make the most money having everyone in the pot, but this is limit. The amount of money made with these hands is proportional to the # of people in, but i would guess at a certain point you dont want a family pot. Personally, I like to play KK against 2 opponents and AA against 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no shadow of a doubt that you want as many in as possible. Your equity with 10 players is about 30% and I would rather have 30% of $1000 than 50% of $500. You would really have to think your postflop game sucks to give up this kind of EV.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no shadow of a doubt that you want as many in as possible. Your equity with 10 players is about 30% and I would rather have 30% of $1000 than 50% of $500. You would really have to think your postflop game sucks to give up this kind of EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but this is in theory. I have a serious problem with this because again, this is assuming that everyone sees showdown. Not everyone is seeing a showdown. Hands that totally miss will fold and hands that hit and beat you will give you tons of action, so it's definitly not as simple as you guys make. That statistical analysis does not address this issue well because the situation isn't applicable.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but this is in theory. I have a serious problem with this because again, this is assuming that everyone sees showdown. Not everyone is seeing a showdown. Hands that totally miss will fold and hands that hit and beat you will give you tons of action, so it's definitly not as simple as you guys make. That statistical analysis does not address this issue well because the situation isn't applicable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your argument is ridiculous: your equity only goes up when people fold postflop. For more documentation visit: Pokerroom stats .