Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
My opponents had Q8o for no pair. So I won...interestingly, if he bets the end, I probably have to lay down.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Button tilt 3bets flop and turn, but checks the river when Hero checks.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My opponents had Q8o for no pair. So I won...interestingly, if he bets the end, I probably have to lay down.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
Im not being results oriented Jeff, but once you make it to the river and he bets you cannot fold even though it almost seems like there is no logical way you can win. On the end all your hand can beat is a total bluff, and with the pot size at 11BB you must call since I believe you will catch your opponent bluffing more than 8% of the time even given your opponents super aggressive action. In a steal situation like this, heads up, you have to call with your bluff snapper becuz of the huge size of the pot.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: 30-60 Splashy Hand

I'D just call the turn and check/fold the river.

I think villain has KK here.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:28 PM

jeffage i really think your line is considerably bad. trying to checkraise a villain on the turn out of position to get him to fold hands with 6 live outs when your plan is to check-fold the river is just very exploitable. sure villain checked behind with king high here, but you do realize hes going to bet that river a good amount of time right? if anything i think the results show that the turn checkraise is too risky.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeffage i really think your line is considerably bad. trying to checkraise a villain on the turn out of position to get him to fold hands with 6 live outs when your plan is to check-fold the river is just very exploitable. sure villain checked behind with king high here, but you do realize hes going to bet that river a good amount of time right? if anything i think the results show that the turn checkraise is too risky.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont understand how the turncheckraise is so risky. The hero has to call one bet anyways with his drawing hand so raising only costs one additional BB, The villain only has to fold a small percentage of the time to make this play profitable, and if the hero is called he still has outs, and lastly there is also the possibility albeit unlikely, that the hero may have the best hand anyways. If what youre saying is that the hero would be wrong to fold the river unimproved for one more bet after this action, I totally agree. Given the size of the pot, the hero must call on the end if the villain bets. The hero can still beat a bluff, and the pot is now large enough to try to catch a bluff profitably.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:12 PM

As long as this isn't something you do a lot I like it. For some reason this line screams "not much" when I see someone try it on me. I understand that you have to play some weaker hands/draws strongly once in a while... so as long as this is a spot you picked and not SOP it looks fantastic.

The river is kind of a tough decision and very read dependent. Some people give up on rivers... others are of the "I can only win by betting mindset" and bet the river way too much.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:29 PM

Ok, I'm very tired and have had quite a stressful day, but let me get one response in here. Pretend you didn't see the results. If I checkraise the turn and he 3-bets and then follows through with a river bet, what hands can he have that I beat? If he has AK or the like, I think he is checking this river after pulling that stuff on the turn- he tried to get me to fold, it didn't work, now he'll see if his ace is good. I mean, I'm checkraising both the flop and the turn here, so he probably thinks I'm going to showdown. I just think if he 3-bets the turn and bets the end, I'm beat the majority of the time (unless I know he is hyper aggro w/ a lot of fluff...bur he would also prob know people don't fold pairs in these games OOP in headsup spots after what happened pre). That said...I might call anyway on the end if he bets (and def would after seeing how he played this hand). But against many players, when they 3-bet the turn after calling ur flop checkraise and then they bet the end, you simply must be beaten. I don't think paying off the river in this spot would be as easy as everyone thinks (though I might do it anyway).

Jeff
Old 10-14-2005, 04:31 PM

1st!i would never play 30-60 on the internet!i want the added edge of reading my opps body language,see how they place thier bets ect.that being said if someone staked me and begged me 2 play in this shorthanded game i reraise preflop!why?because there r to many hands shorthanded my opp.can have that r weak and im very aggresive in shorthand heads up situations.im less likly 2 find myself being bluffed out of a pot.Im the one who is taking down the pot when thye both of us dont hit the flop
Old 10-14-2005, 04:44 PM

hi jeff

in shorthanded games u need 2 b very aggresive heads up.please look at my other reply b4 i came to this post.now i will admit that u can have more bankroll swings short term with my style but over the long run im a big winner.I know 4 a fact ur opp.would fold on the flop with me 3beting postflop weather i floped a pair or not.DO U SEE THE MAGIC OF A VERY AGGRESSIVE STYLE SHORTHANDED!
Old 10-14-2005, 04:56 PM

JEFF

THE PROBLEM WITH PLAYING WEAK HANDS SLOW PREFLOP HEADSUP IN A SHORTHAQNDED GAME IS ALL OF THE CRITICAL THINKING U HAVE 2 PERFORM TO WIN THE POT.
WITH USING A VERY AGGRESIVE STYLE BY RERAISING U PUT ALL THE PRESSURE ON UR OPP.HE NEEDS 2 DO9 SOME CRITICAL THINKING ON THE FLOP ON WEATHER 2 CALL U WHEN HE IS WEAK.
IF IT TURNS OUT UR OPP. HAD A STRONG HAND PREFLOP MOST AVERAGE PLAYERS WOULD 4BET IT PREFLOP SO THAT U THEN HAVE LESS CRITICAL THINKING TO DO ON THE FLOP ON WEATHER TO FOLD OR PLAY ON!