Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Bad Beat Jackpot Analysis

except that they also take 10% out as their 'fee' and then an extra whatever % (don't feel like looking it up) to 'seed' the next jackpot.

so evidently this ISN'T all you need to know.

when the jackpot SAYS $110k you aren't really playing for a $110k jackpot.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
except that they also take 10% out as their 'fee' and then an extra whatever % (don't feel like looking it up) to 'seed' the next jackpot.

so evidently this ISN'T all you need to know.

when the jackpot SAYS $110k you aren't really playing for a $110k jackpot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to add to your post, it goes like this:

70% gets distributed
20% feeds the next jackpot
10% is retained for all the hard work Party has to do to maintain such an incredible promotion (adminstrative fees)

Of the distribution amount 1/2 goes to the loser (well winner in this case), 1/4 goes to the winner of the hand, and the remaining 1/4 goes to the players at the table who were dealt into the hand.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:53 AM

I think the size of the jackpot is largely self-reinforcing when it is very high or very low and estimates of the odds using “normal” play will only apply when the JP is a “normal” size – maybe $50k to $100k or thereabouts.

When the JP is very low the games are extremely loose and many of the 62s and J8o type hands that could make a jackpot get played so it tends to hit fairly often, keeping it low. I don’t play them when it’s $11k, do you?

When the JP is very high the games get extremely tight as TAGs fill the games to take their shot. With all the raising going on, most of the live ones are no longer playing all the rag hands that could make a jackpot; it’s rare to even be able to see a flop with 87s type hands because so many pots are heads up raise fests, so it is now much less likely to hit and continues to grow ... self-reinforcing.

The part I don’t understand is why the games get so much worse (tighter) than the non-jackpot games of the same limit. Lot of the low limit bad beat games are showing average pot sizes of 2 or 3 big bets. People come to take their shot at the lottery and then do their best to make it harder to hit. It’s not that they’re seeing a soft game with lots of loose limpers to punish. ???
Old 10-15-2005, 03:47 AM

If the jackpot is not hit when I wake up those bastards at Party may trick me into re-depositing there.

PARTY ALWAYS WINS [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I have went 7 days and can't hold out much longer. It is killing me.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:51 AM

If somebody can write a Postgres SQL query to check for BBJ qualifying showdowns and also tell me how to run it... I have a LARGE DB of 15/30+ hands to run it against. Or write an Access query and ask Krishnan to run it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler