Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2003, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Rounders hand

It has been widely discussed here. I've read several threads where people have said they've read the script and it said that he had 10 10 for a flopped set.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:06 PM

2/3 off bluff bet....lol
Old 05-15-2003, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Rounders: the worst poker i have ever seen

Guys push ace high hard headsup, but this was a shorttable no limit game, not really headsup, and yeah if Mike was really a grinder there is no way he doesn't see a possibilty of a nut full, even a rookie could see that....
Old 05-16-2003, 01:08 AM

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .Hey...That was going to be my answer
[img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 05:01 AM

That's right, but Mike is distracted. He's not playing his best game. He says "All I could think of was Vegas and the [censored] Mirage" (I hope my quote is accurate).
Old 05-16-2003, 05:06 AM

Default Censorship

Hey! You shouldn't censor that. It was a quote! (Not that it really matters, it's just a matter of principle, a quote shouldn't be considered offensive. But I guess it's due to the automated censoring, so it's pretty ok, I can't expect a real person to sit and read through all the posts).
Old 05-16-2003, 09:41 AM

Default The biggest error in the hand

Mike never should have been dealt in that hand at all. He is at the table with 3 opponents: two "rich flounders" and KGB, who he acknowledges as a tough player.

Mike has close to 60K on the table, KGB has (apparently) more. The two "rich flounders" have very little from what I can see (maybe a couple K apiece at the most). Why is Mike still sitting at the table, risking his huge (relative) stack to try to bust two tiny stacks?

Bad game selection.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:45 AM

Default Re: The biggest error in the hand

"Bad judgmeeeent"
Old 05-16-2003, 10:41 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default glad someone pointed this out

it's easy to take the hands in a 'limit' context and say how bad the play was. but in no limit, it's a much different animal. not to mention it's shorthanded/HU, which has alot of bluffing/semi-bluffing going on. if one doesnt call at times, even with marginal, lesser draws, he has the chance of being run over in a game.

someone also mentioned that mike shouldve seen the AA as he's a grinder. yes, he should, and probably did. but he also thought he had a solid read the other way. remember, he says later in the flick that he was outplayed...

why couldnt mike have 99 for the quads? why would he go allin? he'd likely trap. i dont see a flush, with a paired board, really liking to call an allin bet here.

last thing. in previous threads some posters were saying that they froze the tape to see the cards flying when KGB throws them. thinking they could see his hand. note that he throws the whole deck on the table and not just his hand.

anyways, i put teddy on top set. no way he has only 2 pair. he was tilting and basically telling mike what he had. when he says the hand is no good saying mike is on a draw (5 outer), even when the A shows, he's saying 2 pair isnt any good. because he had 2 pair beat the whole way with a set.

but it is a movie and it's in the script. but i think it was fantastically done.

b
Old 05-16-2003, 11:26 AM

Why doesn't someone just ask Johnny Chan? I'm pretty sure he'd know, being a technical advisor and all.

~D