Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Unusual Hand vs. Allen Cunningham

Foxwoods 10k.

31 players left. The dealer starts dealing the cards and then floorman calls out "10 minute break." Immediately everyone gets up and leaves the table except for you and Allen Cunningham. Cunningham is on the button and you're in the big blind.

Both of you are confused and ask the dealer if the hand counts, the dealer confirms as you suspected that yes, the hand does count, and all the hands are dead except for yours and Allen's.

Okay, now, think. You know what has happened and you know that Allen knows and you know that Allen knows that you know and so on. The blinds are 3k/6k with a 1k ante, you have about 100k and Allen has about 500k. There is a $6,900 difference between 31st place and 30th.

Questions:

1. You don't say a word to Allen and just stare at him while he's looking at his cards.
a. Say Allen makes a standard raise to 20k. What range of hands do you move in/reraise with? What range do you call?
b. Say Allen pushes all-in. What range of hands do you call with?
c. Say Allen limps. What range of hands do you make a standard raise with? What range do you move in with?

2. This time you say "No shame in folding here Allen, I haven't looked but I'm liable to move in on you here," and he smiles and says "Yeah, you might be right" before looking at his cards.
Repeat questions a-c.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Unusual Hand vs. Allen Cunningham

Is it legal to chop it?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:57 AM

This is way out of my league but I will take a shot:

A. I think this has the tightest range becuase of the odds that the pot will be offering Allen to call you I would say A10+ and 66+

B. I think the same answers apply for B & C because for C if you raise and he puts you all in you will be getting almost 2 to 1 to call and have too much of your stack in the middle to fold if you were playing too win I think.
If he limps I would push with 44+ and KQ+. Maybe my thinking is wrong, but like I said this is way out of my league and I also think this is a tricky spot because of the pot odds that will come up for either person if thier is a raise and a reraise.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it legal to chop it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is a joke, but no, it's not.

We're playing for big money here, buddy.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 AM

Versus Allen I don't think it makes a difference if you say a word.

a) If he raises, I'm pushing with any pair, any ace, any broadway. I'm calling with AA-QQ.

b) This is just not Allen, he's not pusing all in, but in the case he do it, I'm calling just with AA-88, AJ-AK.

c) If he limps, I make a standard raise with AA-JJ, AK-AJ and a bigger raise or probably all in with a large range of hands from a).
Old 11-17-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify - do you mean any two broadway or any broadway (including hands like J2 etc.)
Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify - do you mean any two broadway or any broadway (including hands like J2 etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think? Push with the Brunson T2o.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Versus Allen I don't think it makes a difference if you say a word.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right, but I'm not absolutely sure. I can see arguments both that saying something will make him think that I'm actually liable to move in, or also that he'll think I'll never push in a million years. I had only played with him for about an hour in the whole tournament, so I have no reason to think that he respects me as a player enough to not pay attention to what I say and how I conduct myself.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:33 AM

that was my question. how long had you been playing with him. (also, im assuming the stated prize difference means nothing to yourself or allen). if he pushed, i would call with any pair down to 77, any A down to A-9, and prob KQ. If he limps, id standard raise with AA-88, AK-AJ.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:52 PM

I have never played with Allen, but I assuming he would be very aggressive here. I am also assuming my table image (you know....awesome)

[ QUOTE ]

Questions:

1. You don't say a word to Allen and just stare at him while he's looking at his cards.
a. Say Allen makes a standard raise to 20k. What range of hands do you move in/reraise with? What range do you call?
Call - AA-QQ (maybe JJ)
Jam - 66+, ATs+, AJo, KQs

b. Say Allen pushes all-in. What range of hands do you call with?

AQ+, 88+

c. Say Allen limps. What range of hands do you make a standard raise with? What range do you move in with?

Raise: AA-TT, AJ+
Jam: 55-99, A7s, ATo, KQo, KJs, QJs, 87s+

2. This time you say "No shame in folding here Allen, I haven't looked but I'm liable to move in on you here," and he smiles and says "Yeah, you might be right" before looking at his cards.
Repeat questions a-c.

I really dont know enough about him to judge if he would get more or less agro here, interesting though

[/ QUOTE ]