Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 01:14 AM

Default party crasher.

Recently, I been having problems with party. I dont know what it is, but from time to time when its your turn to act the little yellow arrow will blink on and off by your name and the options (check,raise, fold) will not appear. Your just stuck in a hand you cant play because the options do not appear. This will go on for about 20 sec. and then you will be seated out. Try to get back in and the same thing happens!! This has been happening alot on party recently and its very frustrating, especially when you have pocket king or aces and get stuck right in the middle of the hand!!I asked party but they said it wasnt them and to check my connection. My connection was fine so it wasnt that. They even suggested trying to uninstall than reinstall the soft ware which I did and that didnt work either. Has anyone else experienced this with party? Does anyone know what it might be?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: party crasher.

This is a known bug, although party refuses to admit it. Reinstalling, in my experience with it, is ineffective. I don't think there's really any reliable way to fix this problem. It happens to me every few months or so, but then it goes away.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:56 AM

If you are running XP I don't know what to suggest. If you are running 98/ME that's part of the problem due to poor memory management by the PP software and 98/ME itself.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:00 AM

I run windows xp, and it happens at least 2-3 times a week to me!!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:17 AM

I would still tend to believe this is a memory problem, though if you have 512+ or even a video card then it 'shouldn't' be a problem. Although integrated graphics 'should' be OK for multitabling there might be a prob with it. Perhaps someone else who had the same problem and solved it can offer advice.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:35 AM

This is a long shot -- but I've found that computer problems that seem to have no cause can be linked to overheating. Especially if you notice more bugs during hot days.

If your CPU is of Intel make, this is highly unlikely.

Older AMD processors (I use an XP 1900) will overheat frequently in hot rooms unless the case is well-ventilated.

Even if you're sure this isn't a problem, try rebooting after using your PC for an hour or two and take a quick (dont give the CPU time to cool) peek at the temperature. It shouldn't be above 45, but they can still run stable up to about 55 which is when more problems can be caused by heat.

Checking this first (because its a quick fix) has saved me many hours of fixing other people's computers.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:22 AM

i had the same problem in early 2004. it started occuring after an update. i went round and round with CS for a month trying to get the problem solved to no avail. i finally quit playing there. fastforward 6 months and i learned that this problem was not affecting as many players. i started playing there again and have not had the problem since. its sad to hear the largest site cant/wont fix this problem for everone. gl.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i had the same problem in early 2004. it started occuring after an update. i went round and round with CS for a month trying to get the problem solved to no avail. i finally quit playing there. fastforward 6 months and i learned that this problem was not affecting as many players. i started playing there again and have not had the problem since. its sad to hear the largest site cant/wont fix this problem for everone. gl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing with me. I wrote 4 or 5 emails to them and the support at party is idiotic. So I stopped playing for about 6-8 months and tried it again and it worked fine. Sometimes I still have some probelms, but not to the extnet I did back then.

Since last year I have had 1gb of memory, a 2500+ processor, and at least 120GB of HD space (running win2k).
Old 05-25-2005, 09:21 AM

I've experienced this many times before and found the only reliable way to fix it is to turn off hardware acceleration and restart your computer. The problem occurs for me every few months but I've always been able to fix it using this method.

It happened to me yesterday, in fact, and even though hardware acceleration was already off, I just turned it off again and restarted - problem solved.

If you need detailed instructions on how to turn off hardware acceleration, search the forums as I've posted them before.

FWIW - Party support acknowledged the problem to me and gave me this workaround.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:59 AM

I found that this happpened when I was running limewire/soulseek/etc. while I was playing on Party. Now I am always sure to turn these off nad have not had the problem since.