No 4 66.67%
Yes 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: James Bond Poll

Timothy Dalton should win an oscar and beat roger moore over the head with it
Old 11-29-2005, 02:56 AM

Anything made after Goldeneye has been awful.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:32 AM

Two things have emerged from this thread that I've found very interesting:

1) Mookraker is an awesome word, and anyone that disagrees is a Mookraker
2) The Goldeneye dominance does indeed illustrate to perfection the huge bias of modern movies over older movies on OOT.

Nice poll! I think this 'just put em all up and let OOT sort it out' approach is a good one (not saying the knockouts are cool as well, Swede [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two things have emerged from this thread that I've found very interesting:

1) Mookraker is an awesome word, and anyone that disagrees is a Mookraker
2) The Goldeneye dominance does indeed illustrate to perfection the huge bias of modern movies over older movies on OOT.
Nice poll! I think this 'just put em all up and let OOT sort it out' approach is a good one (not saying the knockouts are cool as well, Swede [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise you. The bias is purely due to the video game
Old 11-29-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that's pretty interesting. Must be ahell of a game.

Isn't there some sort of kick-ass game based on 'From Russia with Love' coming out shortly? Be interesting to rerun this in 6 months if that goes down big.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:14 AM

the video game made goldeneye an amzing movie!!
Old 11-29-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there some sort of kick-ass game based on 'From Russia with Love' coming out shortly? Be interesting to rerun this in 6 months if that goes down big.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have never played Goldeneye?!?! IMO, that is the greatest FPS ever made for a console. I played that game for over 3 years, and it still wasn't boring. I have never found anything on a console that has come close to this.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was ahead of it's time. It paved the way for other multiplayer FPS like Halo. Great game indeed. I'm sure this has tons to do with the movie's popularity.

Edit: I did hear about that From Russia with Love game, but unless it's something revolutionary, it won't have the same effect as Goldeneye. There have been many other Bond games, none to live up to Goldeneye.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:47 AM

Let me explain how big of a Goldeneye freak I was. I was in either 6th or 7th grade when it came out, and every weekend I'd have 3 of my friends stay the night and we'd play all night long. The longest I ever played was about 13 hours long. I was obsessed.

I memorized all of the respawn locations for every multiplayer level, so if we played with proximity mines I would just get the mines, plant them in the respawn locations, and just hide. Once someone would kill someone else, my kill count would automatically go up to at least 3 or 4 due to them spawning and dying instantly. (wash, rinse, and repeat, and you too will be an unstoppable force in this game with proximity mines, but not as good as me)

Everyone quit playing me when 8th grade came around, so I never really bothered with it anymore, but last year I was at a buddy's house and he challenged me to a game. I forgot all the respawn locations except all the ones in the complex (my fav level). I'm willing to bet my unborn nephew that I can beat ANYONE in the WORLD with either proxy's, remote mines, or rockets in the complex. If I were to play with friends I'd spot them 7 or 8 kills and we'd only play to 10. My game with remote mines is so on point it's disgusting.

I wish people would play this game for $$$. I would never play the game we can't speak of again [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to bet my unborn nephew that I can beat ANYONE in the WORLD with either proxy's, remote mines, or rockets in the complex.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very bold statement. You'd be surprised how good some people are at video games. I'm sure at one point, people did play this game for money.