Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: 215 blind battle.. what do YOU do?

By the way a smooth call is also a fine line, I don't hate the raise though. It would depend on the opponent. I was guessing you had some read on him to raise; if not, well, a call is probably the default option, to stop him re-raising on some kind of [censored] draw.. and for inducing bluff purposes.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont feel a flop raise is wrong at all. i found out exactly what i needed to... holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you had to spend 525 to find out? There was really no better option?

Ok, you have justified quitting school to all the yahoos on this forum. Going back appears to have hurt your intelligence.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

thats ok ill prolly quit again so i can start being smart once more. i think yer wrong btw. i think a raise is perfectly justified, and i feel it necessary to spend 525. holla
Old 11-29-2005, 05:43 AM

I agree with raptor as stated in my other post... and compared to your line it's spending 325 to be pretty darn certain where you're at right now. While calling only gives you some idea based on his next move.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:10 AM

Smooth call the flop.

The general consensus seems to be that you should raise to find out where you are. I don't see how you know anymore here than you do preflop.
I don't know how the villain got his chips but from the chat here he seems to like himself as does someone else at the table. How has he been playing and how would he react to your play ?
Your hand is at best fragile. Your best move if you wanted to play would be to call and reevaluate on the turn.
As for the villain, what could he have here. Has he been raising your blind consistently(ok you've only played a couple of orbits but has he been raising all game?) Big PP, I doubt. I'd say you're more likely to see 7's,8's or even A6o.

villain raises 100 - give me that blind
hero calls 75 - **** off
-flop-
villain raises 200 - give me the damn thing
hero raises 525 - you're full of ****
villain raises 650 - no you're full of it ?
hero fold - hmm,..okay
Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do YOU do here.. i dont want to hear anyone say fold preflop cuz they suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sorry, but I don't understand the call PF. Are you calling to hit a Q or 9 high flop here? Or to make a play whatever flops? Do you have some kind of read you don't explain in your OP? Also, it's pretty much a min-raise, often this is trapping not stealing, is this guy different?

Educate me here, I don't get it.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:43 PM

he's calling 75 into a pot of 175, with position, against a player who he probably knows a little something about. his intent is to call 75 into a pot of 175 in position, and then see what happens. then he'll play some poker. then he'll either win more chips, lose more chips, or stop losing chips as a loss of 75 additional chips on the hand.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:51 PM

Enlightened one, please explain your better option.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:12 PM

Fold. Your opponent raised preflop, bet and re-raised flop he must have a pocket pair. His small pf raise smells like AA or KK. I don't play $215's but when opponent keeps up aggressiveness he usually has something solid, IMO.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:15 PM

amongst the many other ways one could find out what's going on:

most players who raise preflop with a decent stack and are called by the blind will lead out on any flop. this flop seems ever better than usual as it's crap.

most players don't have the capability to fire the second barrel with nothing when called and frozen on the flop. calling will allow him to see another card and allow his opponent to make another move on the turn.

or: he could have reraised preflop for less to see if his opp was legit. there's nothing wrong with doing that, but there's also nothing wrong with seeing a flop every once in a while.

c
Old 11-29-2005, 01:20 PM

I like it. I'd love it on a 3-tone board, but here I just like it. Villian could be committing himself with an overpair OR a flush draw. However, I don't like giving a free card... yeah, good line.