Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: astroglide/ question for you

i didnt see the post till today. there were just too many, and i truly had not seen it.
i said 36-72 in the other posts, i meant 15-30, i was thinking about 6-12 sorry for the mistake.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: astroglide/ What a Crock of S**T here\'s why

[ QUOTE ]
i was really hoping to see a 1 or 2 year result.

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of people with the skills to beat 3-6 for rates like astro's do what astro did. Move up to play multiple tables of 10-20 or 15-30 online. If someone has the skills to make $200+/hr in bigger games, why on earth would they play 3-6 for 1 or 2 years?

3-6 at a $50k/yr rate = 15-30 at a $250k/yr rate. Multiple people on these forums are beating the 10-20 and 15-30 at a rate much higher than that.

The problem is clear here. You are not very smart and not very good at poker. Your lack of math and logic skills is evident in your posts. You have been playing for 18 years and are still toiling away, ekeing out a small profit at low limits. Many of the players who have responded to you have built 6-figure bankrolls starting from a few hundred dollars in the course of a couple of years. If you had skills like that you would realize how easy it is to beat the game for these rates. Ironically, it's because there are so many people like you playing poker that it is possible for those of us much better than you to make so much money at the game.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2004, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i said 36-72 in the other posts, i meant 15-30, i was thinking about 6-12 sorry for the mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I'm sold. Best troll ever. Nice work. But you screwed up here. Nobody is quite this dumb.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: astroglide/ What a Crock of S**T here\'s why

[ QUOTE ]
here is why: He played for 1 month! It doesnt matter if it is 100000 hands when you are able to play 350 or more hands per hour. It is the time that is significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW. That has to be one of the most illogical things I have ever read. You're kinda dumb.

So on January 1, 2003, I rolled a die. It was a 1. On January 1, 2004, I rolled another die, it was only the second time in that span I rolled one, and it came up 1 again. My friend rolled a die 100000 times between January 1, 2003 and January 2, 2003. The results were pretty even. But obviously 1 comes up more often then the rest, because I took more time to complete my experiment.

Thanks for making my day...
Old 08-05-2004, 04:55 PM

Dude- if you're not joking, you're dumb as dirt - and should thank anyone who has been patient enough to address your misconceptions in this lame ass thread.

I have been trying not to write this all day. You finally broke me down.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:59 PM

Default Re: You don\'t understand a thing about statistics

thats great but unless you are playing 350 hands per hour at ONE game, then you are playing higher, i said 36-72 which was a mistake, but you are effectively playing 15-30, so I assume he had over 5k in his account, where-as someone who wants to play 3-6, reads the ssh foreward and gets excited because David says 50k is no big deal, so he takes his 1500, which is his total roll and hopes to make 4k per month. Not misleading???
Look at it this way. if Astroglide played 100k hands playing one game only, would the results be even close? Of course not. Time, number of games is a factor here.
**If I told you I played 291 hours of 15-30 and made 18,000, and I wanted to know if I should go Pro, would you tell me Yes? Making 60 an hour at 15-30 is impressive, but it's only 291 hours. Thats only 6 weeks playing at 40hours a week right?
You would tell me i need a larger sample size, before i made the decision. Well, this is no different. Think about it. Footnote: this is my last response, so sorry other flamers I just dont have time right now to respond. good luck
Old 08-05-2004, 05:07 PM

You are definately my type. Come on over here and let Big Mo give ya some sugar.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: You don\'t understand a thing about statistics

I think the point you are badly making is not everyone is ready to 4/5/6 table at 3/6 to achieve 50k a year, and in that you are correct.

But with a bit of work, study etc then as others have posted it is not that high of a goal, providing you have the time, the ability and bankroll to deal with the swings and obviously the ability to multi table.

Can everyone do it, no of course not, should the peopple at .50/1 with a 300bb bankroll do it then no not without beating the limit and moving up.

There are many posters here making a living off the game playing multi tables I dont see how you can make comments when the evidence is all around you.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are definately my type. Come on over here and let Big Mo give ya some sugar.

[/ QUOTE ]

And remember, being with Big Mo is just like being with six average women at once!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:42 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

that was over 4 months. i have a full-time job and a consulting business in addition to poker.

i have been playing online for many years, and i have been playing mid limits for many years. i was only playing 3/6 to experiment with 6-tabling (a relatively novel concept at the time). once i hit 100,000 hands i was confident enough that i could play 6 tables well that i switched to a more normal game for me, 15/30. prior to playing on partypoker & affiliates i 2-tabled the 20/40 and 15/30 games at paradise poker.

i would be happy to play higher limit games if they had as many beatable tables. for mass numbers at the time, it was pretty much 3/6 or 15/30. the other games were more sparsely populated. i've been 6-tabling 15/30 for many months now, and play around 60 hours per month (north of 20,000 hands). i would expect my winrate to be in excess of 3.5bb/100 playing 3/6 with full adjustments.