Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2004, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Open questions for the powers that be(Mat or Mason)

My critters and I got banned for a post that asked this question, " 1000s of years ago people didn't live in houses they lived in clay ____."

How can this zerorake spam be better suited for the forum than a history question?

One more thing, for the record, and this is directed at MS. My Phil the crazed cow statements of wisdom in my sigs were originally created by my cross dressing bull/cow/sheman and were NOT stolen. So naaaa.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:09 AM

I don't find these so called spammers any more annoying than a lot of the other posters, including many so called "respected" such. Much of the time I find the "spam-haters" MUCH more annoying than the "spammers". The "spam-haters" seem to spew more "anti-spam spam" than the alledged "spammers" spew "spam". So maybe you could get the "anti-spam spammers" to stop their spamming first, and we will have taken a significant step in my view.

And I don't want to be afraid of posting positive opinions on sites I like. On this forum, if you post something positive on something someone really dislikes, you can almost count on getting hateful paranoid accusations. And those are worse than what some claim to be spam, in my view.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My critters and I got banned for a post that asked this question, " 1000s of years ago people didn't live in houses they lived in clay ____."

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, that's not the entire reason you were banned and you know it - that was just the straw that broke Mat's camel's back. Just let that old sh[/b]it die.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't find these so called spammers any more annoying than a lot of the other posters, including many so called "respected" such. Much of the time I find the "spam-haters" MUCH more annoying than the "spammers". The "spam-haters" seem to spew more "anti-spam spam" than the alledged "spammers" spew "spam". So maybe you could get the "anti-spam spammers" to stop their spamming first, and we will have taken a significant step in my view.

And I don't want to be afraid of posting positive opinions on sites I like. On this forum, if you post something positive on something someone really dislikes, you can almost count on getting hateful paranoid accusations. And those are worse than what some claim to be spam, in my view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why this hate spam against hate spammers, spammers? Look if you want to spam the spammers that hate spam the initial spammers then you best check out one of my sheep first.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:14 AM

Let me add my voice to the list of those who feel the spam is rather obvious, and should be stopped.

The spam from this particular site has left such a sour taste in my mouth that I can't see myself ever trying it for that reason alone, so I suppose it is counterproductive as well as annoying.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:17 AM

i'll sign the petition..

i don't even bother reading RGP anymore because it got so out of hand
Old 07-09-2004, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, that's not the entire reason you were banned and you know it - that was just the straw that broke Mat's camel's back. Just let that old sh[/b]it die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff A,

You did well to miss the meaning of my post.

Further I don't harp on it yet you tell me to "let old ( bad swear not allowed on forum) die." Now I will make a point to incorporate my exhile at least once every six months.

Stop trying to intimidate me with your intellect! My goat will bite you if you don't stop.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:26 AM

Location: I like to tell others what is important in their world. I will bump a post if I deem it worthy

Spam is a communication used for a business purpose. If the spamming business is merely irritating people, they are likely losing customers. Therefore, spam is often counter-productive. If the product is "good" however, word will quickly spread by genuine customers and then we will have benefited by learning about a good product. Each "good" poker site increased competition for "us" players.

(Ok, ok ... Bump, do you actually play? Yes, I have played 1 million hands of stud with Cyndie aka Mary McGuirk in the last three years, Mostly at 10/20, and mostly in "our" collective imaginations.)

A site like rake free, or whatever, is being talked about. It is obvious it has some shills who are constantly trumpeting the site. Yes, its annoying (I'm annoying, save it).

Their shill posts have actually created discussion about the merits of the zero rake sites and it seems that although they appear to be a good idea, they probably will not be sucessful in the long run due to poor game selection (regardless of volume).

Of course, many useful subject were discussed about internet poker in general. What that means is that this poker community has discussed its "likes" and "dislikes" about what they want in a poker site ... somebody out there will probably pay attention.

So far, the positive has ourweighed the annoyance. In fact, as long as the spam is in its own thread (even if there are 10 of them) its not too hard to skip it over. Only "hijack" spam seems to be a problem, as that is hard to avoid.

Sometimes the "Spam" turns into "Ham" when it does, you can either Eat it, or Beat it.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:30 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

So in other words, you decided to start a "spammer-magnet" thread ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Well done, lets attract them all and smack them all at once [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

W.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So in other words, you decided to start a "spammer-magnet" thread ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Well done, lets attract them all and smack them all at once [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

W.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting smacked is very underated. How bout you smack me while I put some reverse cowgirl on ya?