Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 07:48 PM

Default A9 6 max, call down turn raise?

I didn't have any reads except I was the only one who raised preflop, everyone limped in with all kinds of hands. Do you call this down against an unknown?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 06-29-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: A9 6 max, call down turn raise?

i'd fold preflop. and i wouldn't mind folding to the turn check raise, and after 30 or so hands of watching the player play, i'd hope i'd have enough of a read to make a good decision.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:03 PM

I'd call down not knowing the player, although I'd expect to be beat. But he could (i.e. good chance) be check/raising a draw often enough to make calling worth while, as the pot by that time is pretty big. As the other poster pointed out, knowing the player would help a lot for making a decision like this. Would he raise with something like two hearts?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:05 PM

It's one of these bad situations when you know you are beat but you cannot really fold without good reads. You get 10:2 (or better when you make a boat or he checks the river) odds from the pot and I think that it's reasonable to expect that you can survive 1 out of 6 times
Old 06-29-2005, 08:11 PM

Concerning reads. I find it VERY hard to get a read on someone at 0.5/1 6 max. Everyone limps all the time with AA and J4o alike. Also, you don't really know the turn raising standards for someone until you have called down a turn raise, this was my first call down. How am I supposed to know if he is capable of CR-ing turn with a flush draw unless I've played hundreds of hands against him and seen him do it?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:16 PM

TURN: Yep, call it down. Raise it is my second choice. Folding nOt GooT.

Edit: Read thread. I don't know why anyone would strongly consider folding here. Does anyone think UTG limped with 75 or T7 for a straight? It's possible, sure. But is it likely? I figure most times Villian made top pair nines with top (for a chop) or a good kicker.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:20 PM

Maybe you don't know if villian is capable of CRing a flush draw on the turn, but general observations about aggresiveness are key in a situation like this.

If this was the first time I've seen him CR in the 40 hands I've played with him, I think this is a pretty easy fold. If he's been consistently aggresive, it's an easy call down.