Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Straight draw turns into bottom set, heavy action

I started out this hand in decent shape with an open ended straight draw and backdoor weak flush draw, but then the turn action got heavy when the turn card gave me bottom set but put a possible straight on the board.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=193906

I called the turn pot raise since kio878 didn't shove allin, and I was getting just over 3:1 on the call.

Should I have just dumped this on the turn given that I was drawing to an underfull or to a chop if a nonspade ace rivers? How likely is it that the cards I need to fill up are out in my opponent's hands, given the way the hand went down?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Straight draw turns into bottom set, heavy action

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have just dumped this on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:46 PM

I agree.. at least one Ace is gone for the nut high, so you're drawing for only (at best) 3 aces to _share_ the high. If you had the spade draw, I might consider staying.. but then again, without the A-high, you, again, might be drawing dead (since if the board pairs, and you have bottom set, you might not want to get there either).
Old 12-21-2005, 02:12 PM

I didn't actually read the HH, but I think a raise is in order. You have higher str draw + full house draw. The only mistake is not getting all the money in on the flop, when you had two cards to come.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't actually read the HH, but I think a raise is in order. You have higher str draw + full house draw. The only mistake is not getting all the money in on the flop, when you had two cards to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wintermute - I didn't have the full house draw until the turn. Are you saying that I should have gotten it all in with an open ender to the nut high on the flop?

If I had FLOPPED bottom set with the straight draw, then yes, I should no doubt have been jamming, but here I just had the nut straight draw with an underpair. Do you still jam the flop in this scenario?