Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: Do you play poker at work?
Heck yeah, double pay baby! 66 36.67%
WTF GET FIRED?!?! BBQ. 114 63.33%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2005, 10:34 AM

Default How big is your nut?

...your living expenses that is. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] perverts. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'm gonna make a poll just so you can be anonymous, for some thats a private matter. Others feel free to rattle em off (and we are talking monthly here)

I'm not talking about how much you SPEND a month, right now. I mean the bare nut. What you require to subsist without undue luxuries. I guess it gets to be shades of gray, but im talking about how you would live if say you had just lost your job and were unsure how long you'd be unemployed, having some but not massive savings (which you'd prefer not to dip into more than necessary). Also assume you've never heard of poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

So, basically, rent/mortgage, food that you buy at a grocery store, bills, gasoline, insurance, child support...stuff that has to get paid. Your 14 cases of beer dont count. Nor do the lapdances. Or flights to Hawaii.

I figure mine to be only around ~1100 CDN (~$900US), but that has much to do with me being young with no family. My apartment is super cheap too. I definately spend more than that every month, but i know i could hack it on $900US/mo and not feel deprived of anything too important.

Hope we get a good representative sample here, i think it may open a few eyes when you compare many of us who are college or just out, with the few old dinosaurs here who have familys and mortgages.

*just thought about tuition/books for some of you, i think that has to count too if you pay your own way, just chop the years costs into monthly)

SO:
Old 11-25-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: How big is your nut?

I voted 1000-1250, but in 7 months I will have a baby, so I am sure that will increase rapidly.

craig
Old 11-25-2005, 10:59 AM

Just my mortgage and my property taxes qualify me for the bottom option in the poll ($3400). I'm guessing around 5k en total.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:03 AM

1500-1750. I live in Manhattan. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Rent kills me.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 AM

I voted "I have several ex-wives", which is sad, because I don't have any ex-wives.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1500-1750. I live in Manhattan. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Rent kills me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many roommates do you have????
Old 11-25-2005, 12:07 PM

Mine is less than $500, but I actually spend way more than that. I live with a girl inherited her grandmother's condo (mortgage free), so no rent. I don't eat much, so food costs are low. I have British citizenship so I don't need health insurance. I live in one of the most car unfriendly cities in the world (San Francisco) so I don't own one. I could probably get by on $200 a month.

I spend close to 10x that however. Having zero expenses is murder on your spending.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted 1000-1250, but in 7 months I will have a baby, so I am sure that will increase rapidly.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations!
Old 11-25-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. My wife was on the pill. So, there was a 1/1000 chance of this happening. Yet, I can't hit a fcking flush draw.

craig
Old 11-25-2005, 12:50 PM

I keep it in an egg holder. NSFW - maybe