Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-15-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Stars $10 NL 250 players left - pays top 135 - facing reraise with KK

$10 NL Tourney on Stars. 250 players left and it pays top 135. Blinds at 100/200 and I have about 8000.

A few hands earlier I raised it to 1200 from LP with 45 suited after a couple of limpers were in and they all folded. This time UTG table chipleader limps again for 200 and I raise it 1200 with pocket K's in MP. I think this is a good bet and might get a loose call from the big stack since he was one of the limpers a few hands earlier when I raised preflop. LP stack who has me barely covered reraises to 3200. What is my move?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Stars $10 NL 250 players left - pays top 135 - facing reraise with KK

i'd push. you def. can't fold, and you have enough of your stack in the middle that villain will have good odds to call.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Stars $10 NL 250 players left - pays top 135 - facing reraise with KK

It's a push.

You want as much of LP's stack as possible, right?

You don't want to call for close to 40% of your stack and check/fold an A hi flop, right?

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)
Old 11-15-2005, 03:11 PM

There is only one hand you are behind and the pot is worth fighting for, so unless you have some sort of specific read PUSH!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:29 PM

Ask villain if he has AA.

If he says yes, push.
If he says no, push.
If he ignores you, push.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Stars $10 NL 250 players left - pays top 135 - facing reraise with

You are about 100 players away from the bubble, so it is time to start thinking about how you can eke into the money.

Since he is re-raising pre-flop, he probably has AA, so you should just call. If there is an Ace on the flop, check fold, because he probably had AK or AQ, or maybe even a set of Aces. You'd be way behind.

If there isn't an Ace on the flop, just min bet, and if he raises, you can fold. He probably has AA or a set, and you would hate to bust out before you make the money. Just keep folding, stall whenever you can, and you should be able to float your way to a cool $20 or so.

How did it turn out?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are about 100 players away from the bubble, so it is time to start thinking about how you can eke into the money.

Since he is re-raising pre-flop, he probably has AA, so you should just call. If there is an Ace on the flop, check fold, because he probably had AK or AQ, or maybe even a set of Aces. You'd be way behind.

If there isn't an Ace on the flop, just min bet, and if he raises, you can fold. He probably has AA or a set, and you would hate to bust out before you make the money. Just keep folding, stall whenever you can, and you should be able to float your way to a cool $20 or so.

How did it turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is terrible advice. I'll expand on why later.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:50 PM

chips. middle. asap.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a joke right?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see so from the preflop raise you determined he has aces, but when an ace comes on the flop it morphs into AK/AQ?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, this is a joke.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How did it turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is terrible advice. I'll expand on why later.

[/ QUOTE ]

obvious joke