Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: KK

I think that a turn raise is best, given the way you played it. MP doesn't look like he has a straight, and if he does certainly you've got some outs. UTG may fold AA, and if you manage to clear out the field and improve to beat MP that would be well worth the two big bets in a pot this large.

As far as river action, that depends on so many factors. If MP is the only caller, I'm inclined to check it down. If button cold calls two behind me, I'm betting since it's better than checking. Also, if UTG calls and I improve (board pairs, a K or a Q) I'm betting to put a squeeze on UTG in the hopes he folds a better hand.

The toughest part about this hand to me is whether to 3bet the flop or wait for the turn. If we're going to raise one of the absolute worst cards in the deck on the turn, why did we wait to begin with? Seems silly to say, "pop a safe turn card" then say "oops, pot's big go for it" when we don't hit a safe card. You'll be facing Btn and BB w/ 26:3 or 8.66:1, slightly worse odds than you will be popping the turn. So unless the psychological impact of the two large bets or only have one card is necessary to clear them out, then I think it may have been better to 3bet the flop.