Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-07-2005, 02:00 PM

Default KK

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (15.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds
Old 09-07-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: KK

What a nasty board...no way I would just call two bets cold after flop though. I would put in a third bet. Its not likley MP has a set because you would hope he would 3bet preflop from his position with eights, nines, or tens. But that depends on your read you have on him as a player as well. Turn fold looked fine to me with that many people in the pot after the flop.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:11 PM

Pump the flop.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:25 PM

Wow, tough one. The flop call is good, but I don't think the turn can be a fold. MP coldcalled PF, then raised the flop. It's not very likely that he would have a straight on the turn. In fact I think you are ahead of his AT/KT/AJ/KJ hands pretty often, and when you aren't ahead you're usually drawing to 6 outs. The players behind you are worrisome too but given that none of them bet out, I think it's a mistake to give them too much credit for real hands.

So the pot is huge. You have a hand that warrants a showdown (imo). And a million cards can burn you. I think the play is to raise and pray.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:29 PM

"I don't think the turn can be a fold."

Interesting, I didn't even consider that except for a brief second trying to determine how likely it was I was going to have to pay two bets on the turn to draw for a gutter.

I don't even know what these guys had, I didn't see the end of the hand. Gotta check now. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-Michael
Old 09-07-2005, 02:30 PM

don't you have odds to draw to the gutshot here? what's your reason for folding?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 PM

Yeah, I agree with Dan. MP didn't play this hand like he has a straight.

Krishan
Old 09-07-2005, 02:33 PM

With 15BB in the pot, the draw to one of the queens to make your K-high straight isn't worth trying?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:35 PM

I'd sooner raise this than fold it. And I sure hope you were planning to raise the turn if a non-scare card hit.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:38 PM

In my opinion...yes this pot is huge, however, even if you are going to draw for you gut..with that many people in the pot someone else could be drawing for their gut with AK and have you beat badly. Also you are drawing to a straight whenthe card that makes your straight could make a flush for one of the other callers. I feel you should fold the turn because it could be way too costly if you dont hit and possibly even more costly if you do hit.