Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Worst Fold Ever?

20-40 live. Great game. I limp on the button after four limpers with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Blinds come along so there 7 SB in the pot.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to a random psycho guy who nonetheless must have some of this flop to bet who bets, one folder, I raise, the BB instacalls. BB is not a good player, but he's not an idiot, he can't have total trash here like a lone 4 or 5 or pocket eights, he's got an ace, two pair, a straight, or a diamond draw. Psycho guy calls and we go the turn threeways for 6.5 BB.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Psycho guy donkbets, I raise again, BB threebets, psycho guy agonizes for ten minutes and folds. There is simply no doubt he mucked an ace. I call. 13.5 BB pot

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, I fold.

-Michael
Old 08-27-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Worst Fold Ever?

I don't really understand why you would call the turn here but fold the river. I can see reasons to fold the turn or calldown, depending on the player, but the J seems about as blanky as you could hope for.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:18 AM

"I don't really understand why you would call the turn here but fold the river. I can see reasons to fold the turn or calldown, depending on the player, but the J seems about as blanky as you could hope for."

Because I have five outs against a straight.

-Michael
Old 08-27-2005, 06:23 AM

Then I would say it is a good fold if BB is passive bad. But if he is at all aggressive (or with no read) I think I call here. Just seems like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or even AK gets shown down one time in 15.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:24 AM

I fold a lot and I'd have trouble making this fold.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:52 AM

I can't fold this on the river, but if you trust your read on the BB, I think a straight is a bit optimistic. Maybe fold on the turn. But I'm stubborn and I'd probably call it down.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:56 AM

well played.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:22 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

the J is a crappy card since I could see him doing this with AK-AJ. if the A were a diamond then it would also be less likely that he has top pair and a flush draw, but I think he'd play that the same way, not 3-betting the flop to keep people in for his draw, but doing it on the turn to gamble it up a bit and because he's probably seen you raise with some seemingly (to him) trashy hands postflop

I don't think you ought to fold the river. maybe you could fold the turn if you didn't have outs, but once you make it to the river I think you should be paying off.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:23 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't really understand why you would call the turn here but fold the river. I can see reasons to fold the turn or calldown, depending on the player, but the J seems about as blanky as you could hope for."

Because I have five outs against a straight.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 3 pair. 6 outs
Old 08-27-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think you ought to fold the river. maybe you could fold the turn if you didn't have outs, but once you make it to the river I think you should be paying off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Krishan