Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-27-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Whether to keep your enitre roll on a poker site??

[ QUOTE ]
alot of people have had their neteller accounts hacked. I'd wouldn't put all my money in neteller. Luckily i don't have any so that's not a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there any examples of reputable posters who have had a Neteller account hacked? I really don't recall any. I'm certainly no apologist for Neteller but it's irresponsible to claim " alot of people" without some solid proof.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:11 PM

Just as a heads up, back in the day, I found cashing out high 4 low 5 figures from Prima to be a gigantic hassle. If you want to have money at the tips of your fingers, don't keep it all there, keep a good portion in Neteller. This could have been changed and now perhaps its relatively easy, but I'm not sure.

Some sites, however (for example Party), cash out at the speed of light and there's no real difference to Neteller unless you are worried about your money's security.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I have decided that I am going to keep 3/4 of my roll on neteller and the rest on prima(the only site I play).

I have basically heard too many horror stories about poker sites freezing account etc, and for some reason place more trust in neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a couple other people have mentioned, take some of the money you have earmarked for Neteller and put it in a bank account. I use ING Direct, but I've heard Emigrant Direct is good, too. It's simple enough to transfer back and forth with Neteller (may take a day), and you'll be earning interest.

I don't have a huge bankroll compared to many people here (maybe $4200) and I have about half of it in my ING account. I try to keep about $1000 in Neteller, as that's generally the most I would need to max out a reload bonus.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Are there any examples of reputable posters who have had a Neteller account hacked? I really don't recall any. I'm certainly no apologist for Neteller but it's irresponsible to claim " alot of people" without some solid proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen many threads on these forums about people losing money from their Neteller account. Every one of them ended up being proven to be, or most likely to be, a case of the person's password stolen or hacked from their computer (usually by a friend or relative).

I have never seen the least bit of proof of an account being hacked from the Neteller end.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I would link you but I'm lazy. Do a search. My log in info was hacked from my computer and someone tried to withdraw money. Luckily I had none in Neteller at the time. I did have to change my log in info. Another guy recently had the same thing happen and someone had tried to deposit money with a stolen CC to get cash back. Luckily he tried to deposit with the cc first so neteller froze the account.

Ben is right. All of the 'hack' post are from log in info being stolen from the users comps and not through neteller.

ps. it was rumored in one of the recent neteller security issue threads that a number of people have the same secure ids.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Why would you want to keep your whole roll on a poker site? Why is that a good plan? My method isn't the best but i have about 15% in the bank, 20% in neteller, and the rest spead out in about 10 sites I play at. Next month my bank will hold about 35% of my roll.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:10 PM

never keep more than you need to at any institution that you cant walk into and deal with directly. some day something may happen and emails wont get your problem corrected.
when many businesses go bankrupt or close down all the patrons money goes with it.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:21 PM

"Why would you want to keep your whole roll on a poker site? "

no kidding.
this is just not a smart thing to do.

Even if you only play on one site there's no reason to keep that much money on there if you aren't playing that high.

I play on several sites and generally have my money spread around them.

I don't have any more money on 1 or 2 sites than I am comfortable losing if I something bad were to happen.
I wouldn't be thrilled with someone hacking into my neteller account and taking $2k or my party or Stars account and taking $3k or whatever.
But it's sure better than someone hacking into one of my accounts and taking $10k.

I don't even understand why somebody should need to ask this question on an internet forum.

"I have all of my $10k roll in one site...and I'm not comfortable with that. Is it okay to put some of my money somewhere else?"

This is a really freaking dumb question.