Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-23-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Pondering changing card rooms

I'm playing nano-limit (.05/.10, about to move up to .10/.20) at Pokerstars currently. I picked Stars more or less because you can deposit only $25 if you want, and my completely discretionary poker money came to about $30. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, that $30 is now about $55 after a month or so of 5 hours a week playing at .02/04 and .05/.10, and I have suficient funds to make a deposit at another cardroom with nano-limits, and I'm wondering if I should.

Last year I played Paradise, and it seems to have softer games. Is that still the case? I got some gift certs from a friend for Absolute, so I have some money over there already. Unfortunately, it looks like Absolute only has one full ring game at each nano-limit, and the rest are six-max. I'm playing the 6M games in an attempt to get my short hand game a workout, but I'd like to actually continue to add to my BR while I learn as well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or is the competition at nanos and micros so abysmal that it doesn't really matter what cardroom you deposit? Since I'm playing such low limits, I know that my chances to work off a bonus are close to non-existent, so there's no concern on that score.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 12-23-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Pondering changing card rooms

Micro-limit players at Pacific are abysmal, but you can only play one table at once. At night on the weekends, you can find very loose 5/10 and 10/20 tables too.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:10 PM

Id have to say 85% of players at .5/1 and limits below probably do not know what order flop, turn, river go in.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:09 PM

Hi Songwind

At 0.05/0.1 I thoroughly recommend signing up at ultimate bet and clearing the signon and reloads that seem to happen monthly. Yes, you can clear bonuses at this level at UB.

Yes, people always claim that UB has terrible clearance rate but thats for the higher limits. In my experience, about 90% of hands at 0.05/0.1 get you 0.1 bonus points - this doesnt quite equate to what their UB points pages say but Im not complaining. Now 0.1 is just 1c in bonus but think of it as 9c a round in FR and that your playing 7c in blinds and its actually really goot even after you account for rakes......its great for TAGs since youll win fewer but bigger pots you really arent playing that much in rake.

hope this helps

Battler