Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-20-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Another riverdecision

[ QUOTE ]
I think by checking the river you're screaming "I give up, take the pot, the A just scared me." Either c/c or b/f.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's also a diamond and he cold called two on the flop.
And we should not forget about the pair on the board...
Old 12-20-2005, 02:28 PM

TOP says that if you have a hand that is worth a call (or almost worth a call) when all the cards are out, you should bet in first position against a player who calls more than he bets. If he raises your bet I think you can fold since I don't see him raising with anything you beat.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TOP says that if you have a hand that is worth a call (or almost worth a call) when all the cards are out, you should bet in first position against a player who calls more than he bets. If he raises your bet I think you can fold since I don't see him raising with anything you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know what top says. But what hands does he call with that we beat?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 4 or some random crap, and if you don't think he calls with anything you beat why do you even consider calling his bet? Do you think he's bluffing here often enough?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 4 or some random crap, and if you don't think he calls with anything you beat why do you even consider calling his bet? Do you think he's bluffing here often enough?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't really. As I saw the river I knew I was gonna c/f. I just made a mistake in showing too much of the hand when I posted it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 03:25 PM

I think check/folding here is fine. There's a very good chance he just made a flush or has been calling down with an ace/higher pocket pair. When you get called/raised here you lose more than 50% of the time.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:34 PM

I like the check-fold, cause it looks like you are beat the whole way. But I wouldn't play it this way. Villain's flop bet may mean a bigger PP than yours or a flush draw. The A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is like the worst card in the deck for you. Since I'm the aggressive type, I will bet this river and fold to a raise. Checking feels weak. The other thing to consider is if villain has a medium PP bigger than yours, he will fold the best hand when you bet the river cause he's afraid of the flush , an Ace, Ten, or a bigger PP than his.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:37 PM

I'm leaning towards check folding against a loose passive.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:02 PM

For you, the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is the worst card in the whole deck that could have come. Check/fold looks OK to me, especially since utg is not aggressive postflop.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:41 PM

After he calls 2 cold on the flop...fold the river, flush got there and everything on the board owns you.