Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: 88 preflop question

I would say QQ would be the lowest the if they are really LAG or a garden variety maniac...... AA or KK if they are anything else..... althought the "blind steal" brings up a good point...

Based on your read.. given the SB has not raised in almost 70 hands... he has to have a big pair... But I would 3 bet a lot of different hands in that situation.... AK, AQ, maybe TT+.. maybe even KQ or KJ depending on the type of player you are.....

if the BB is awake he would have at least noticed he does not raise often if ever and his raise could possibly scare you more? What are the BB's stats again?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:03 PM

Floping a set is about 81/2 or so to 1 so you actually need those odds to call in this situation. At least one of these guys have a hand. SB may have raised because he thought you were stealing? What happened in the hand?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:19 PM

What sort of implied odds do we need here to make a call correct--10-1 ish?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:26 PM

call and fold none 8 flop.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:33 PM

if you fold here you are throwing away money. you could even have them both beat. Dont forget you have position on both of them. i would call the cap and raise the flop...assuming only a bet and call in front of me. Find out where you are at....you can not just fold the flop for one bet....that is crazy.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting 5:1 immediate odds on your call (based on SB calling the cap); you are pretty much playing for set value, so I think you have a call. Between the two players, you are probably up against some combination of overcards/bigger pairs. If you think you can make up 2.5BB postflop, then you are probably fine. I don't think I'd fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite, you're getting 10:2 odds, so you need to make up 5 BB post flop. I think it's doable, since you'll probably get 4 BB just on the flop.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:45 PM

You're already getting 10:2 to call the cap. If you're 7.5 to 1 against flopping a set, then why do you need to make up 5 big bets postflop?

You're in position, and you'll easily be able to make that up if you flop your 8, especially if one of them can't get away from their KK or AA (likely in a blind steal situation).
Old 12-15-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are getting 5:1 immediate odds on your call (based on SB calling the cap); you are pretty much playing for set value, so I think you have a call. Between the two players, you are probably up against some combination of overcards/bigger pairs. If you think you can make up 2.5BB postflop, then you are probably fine. I don't think I'd fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite, you're getting 10:2 odds, so you need to make up 5 BB post flop. I think it's doable, since you'll probably get 4 BB just on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be 5SB you need to make up for which would equal 2.5BB