Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 08-02-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: How do you respond to an inept table coaching?

"Shut up bitch, Im stacking your chips."
Old 08-02-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1)Never correct an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know not to do this on strategy points, but when it's something so factually incorrect I'm wondering if embarrassing him with a comment to the effect of, "If you're going to criticize my play maybe you should remember what I actually did?" would be better than just playing dumb like I would if he had said something like "You raised with ace-king? No one was about to fold, you know! That's a drawing hand!"

[ QUOTE ]
3)Fault the guy's play as much as possible...along the lines of he should have put you on 34off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the hilarious thing is that he probably should have, after I checked in the blind and three-bet the flop when there's a person in the pot will call all the way to the river with ace high. (making it far less likely that I would reraise on a flush draw)
Old 08-02-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know not to do this on strategy points, but when it's something so factually incorrect I'm wondering if embarrassing him with a comment to the effect of, "If you're going to criticize my play maybe you should remember what I actually did?" would be better than just playing dumb like I would if he had said something like "You raised with ace-king? No one was about to fold, you know! That's a drawing hand!"

[ QUOTE ]
3)Fault the guy's play as much as possible...along the lines of he should have put you on 34off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the hilarious thing is that he probably should have, after I checked in the blind and three-bet the flop when there's a person in the pot will call all the way to the river with ace high. (making it far less likely that I would reraise on a flush draw)

[/ QUOTE ]

Very funny stuff, but you think he would actually read you that well? And, in answer to your first question, I stand by my statement. NEVER CORRECT AN IDIOT. In the forest of poker, never hand the lost guy a map.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:23 PM

Shut your chat off.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You still shouldn't say anything because you might be giving a wake-up call. Obviously this player isn't paying a lot of attention to the game. He may have his mind in a million different places, but it's probably not on poker. Pointing this out to him might make him realize this. By focusing on the game he won't just remember the action, he'll also start analyzing his play and make more correct moves. His level of play will go up, and your EV will go down.