Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: What do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
Look at that my first few posts and someone is already telling me I suck! YAY 2+2!

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon game,

they were just tweaking ya a little.... don't take it so seriously.

you did get a fair analysis of the hand my multiple listers and if they want to have a little fun with it at your expense.. what's the big deal. this is supposed to be somewhat recreational as well as a fountain of good information and discussion.

i actually thought the "you both suck" was quite funny and meant to be lighthearted, not vicious.

its good for the soul to have a little laugh at yourself sometimes.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:34 PM

So you rule out KQ, can you rule out AQ, 44(or 22 whatever the other card was)? As the other posters, state the overbet accomplishes no more than a pot size bet. The end result may have been the same, but at least you have a chance to evaluate.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is a preflop call of a normal sized raise in the blind "horrible"? I have 2 face cards and I feel if I hit the right kind of flop I can break him. Now, the problem is that if the flop comes down Q 7 2 and he bets I may call also and get broke myself. But, if I put him on 99 TT JJ then I am not that far behind and with the right flop I can win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey bro, it's fine. If I gave you a $1200 stack, and said do you want to ante a $30 bet for $1200, as a 3:1 dog, would you take it? Of course you would.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:38 PM

And if i "suck" so bad come play me head up on poker room. Screen name cuneo187.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:46 PM

You did get very lucky (which you know) and it seems like both of you overvalue hands. I would say the flop allin with KK is abominable as well, but probably still is better than the call of KQo out of position vs a "very tight" player. The only good flops for you are KKx or QQx, maybe KQx but I'd still be worried vs a very tight player there.

I understand the type of game you guys play in and with everyone consistently making even worse fundamental mistakes your plays probably don't seem bad in comparison, but they need to be fixed too.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 PM

Thanks Nick. Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty much a limit player. I guess a over reacted a bit above. Its all good.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:02 PM

No problem sir, I'm sure the few times I dabble in limit play I make far far worse mistakes.

"Hmmm, I know he has an overpair but if I bet every street I'll blow him off it!" type thinking doesn't work so hot in limit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 03:14 PM

Friends don't play KQo against their friends' preflop raises.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:30 PM

You're just being dumb. I want the guy to call me with three-outer for 60 bucks on the turn. Its basically 14:1 against him making it. He needs to make 840 dollars to make the call correct. As for getting sucked out on, if you bet the pot on the turn and don't pay off on the river, they will never have correct odds with anything less than 14 outs. Yes I agree that calling big raises out of blinds with kq is not smart, but the real money is won or lost on the turn or the river. Variance isn't that important if you're not properly bankrolled move down. Quit being a whiny bitch and try to learn something. The argument that this is how I've always done it so this is how it's done is completely fatuous. Take a step back and learn from your mistakes. Your overbet is only profitable is your friend is willing to call with jj-22, but most players will only call with a q or a full house, maybe AA.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:13 PM

preflop call with KQo ,while bad isnt a HUGE mistake. the flop push on the other hand is terrible. You can't play poker well at all so you just push your chips so you dont have to be faced with any more decisions. You should focus on learning poker rather then getting angry at two plus two forum for telling you that you suck, its not like people randomly choose to berate good players and tell them how much they suck.