Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > ISOP

Old 01-09-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Comments

This thread is for general comments about the upcomming ISOP.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Comments

Generally speaking general comments are not specific....but there are exceptions.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: When and where is the first event?

Jeez. Put up the forum and tease me already. Can someone post some meaningful stuf in regards to it?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:14 PM

hi folks,

thanks for bearing with us on this. when it comes time for contracts to be signed etc, sometimes thing slow down a bit.

looks like first event will be played on sunday april 3rd. that much is a certainly. this forum will be live for 8 weeks prior to the first event, so that will leave plenty of time for everyone to become familiar with the ISOP and get signed up for that 1st event.

my first email to mason regarding this was at the end of july, 2004. as you can see, things like this take time. if we were going to be doing just any old series, we would have been launched by now. however, because of the size and scope of the ISOP, it is being handled very carefully. this is an event that will be here for years to come, and it is imperative that we get the first year right, even if this meant a delayed launch.

the site that is handling the inaugural event will be rolling this out in grand fashion, and it won't be too much longer before that happens.

we have been working around the clock on this. so much so that we have not even had the time to post an update. we are sorry about that. myself and jek (ISOP admin) will keep a close eye on this space if you have any questions.

thanks for your paitence.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Thanks grannie

Appreciate the update, you come through as usual.

I'll see you there.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:33 PM

I guess you're not allowed to say, but Party or Pokerstars? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 10:06 PM

the first event is sunday, apri 3rd.

neither party nor pokerstars will be hosting this event. the complete line-up may not even be evident until a few weeks prior to the first event, but as sites are formally signed, they will be announced. on tuesday or wednesday of next week, this forum will undergo final contruction. when this happens, all of the deatils will make more sense.

when the forum is reconstructed early next week, we will also be announcing the site that has signed for the Inaugural Event and the Championship event. As we approach the first event, we will continue to identify the Sponsors, and within a couple of weeks of the first event, all of the Sponsors will be identified and they will have their own section within this forum.

as i said, it will become more clear next week. the delay has been caused by our dedication to launch bug-free. this is something we were adamant about going into this, but this obsessive desire to do it right will pay off for the players and the sponsors in the long run.

also slowing things down is mason's agent who is insisting on us providing mason a seasonal fruit basket for him to enjoy while watching final tables throughout the season. we had to draw the line on all of these perks he has been demanding from us.

the fruit basket was the line.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:05 PM

Thanks for the update.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:42 PM

Is it pokeroom?

They are having their GrandII around the same time, or is that just a coincidence?

Sorry, but I can't remember the exact dates of the Grand II
Old 01-18-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Comments

Steven Punk should be Master of Ceremonies for the ISOP.