Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 04:38 AM

Default No content rush story--SuperSystem Style

Hi everyone,

No sooner do I run my mouth claiming to be great at the PP NL than I go on an 8K downswing . Played very badly after the 1st 4K, and bluffed off the rest, basically.

So, I lost 7 yesterday, and just thought I'd jump on for an hour or so tonight. Promptly dropped 1500 in the 600 PL while I waited for a 1000 seat. Then I sat down in the 1000, and one player in the game had 4K. I opened my notes on him, and they said, " loose and stupid ." I really understated that, as it turns out.

Then, I'm treated to a sweet display of megalomania --bet pot, re-raise pot if raised pot, all on a gut-shot, get there, etc.--not against me. Against me, he successfully bluffed, since I was determined not to get too deep tonight. Then, the guy between me and kooky gets half of kooky's chips. I'm down about 600 (I guess that makes 9K), and instead of rebuying, I decide to quit. I was literally playing my last hand, with $360, and the railbirds are laughing at me .

UTG I'm dealt A5o , and I raise pot. Only nutjob calls from the SB. Flop is 9 5 3r, Check, I bet pot, he calls. Turn is a J, Check, I bet pot (200-something), leaving me with $14. Crazy calls. River is a K. Fruitcake gives a lonnnnnng, dramatic pause, and bets 800. I call 14 of it. He shows 42o , MHIG. For some strange reason, I decide to stay.

I fold 42o next hand in BB, and would've made a wheel. In the SB, I have J5c , everyone limps, I complete. Flop is 55J . I check, checked to our friend, he bets 25. Good player between us makes it 100. I call, crazy calls. Turn is a 7, I check, crazy bets pot. Good player raises pot to 1400, I go all-in for 600 of it, crazy folds. River is a K, and MHIG against his 85s trips.

Next hand I'm on the button, and now I've moved my 360 into 1900. Kooky limps, I raise to 25 with Ad5d , SB calls, BB makes it 90. Kooky calls, I call. BB must have something, as he just said that his kid is puking so he has to go. Flop is Kd 2d 4d, giving me the stone cold . BB Bets 150 when SB checks, I call, SB calls. Turn is 8h. BB bets 600, I go all-in for 1600, SB folds, BB calls 400 more all-in, he has KhQh--drawing dead. Railbird says, "Now he's puking with his kid." Now I have 3600.

On the 5th hand from when I pledged to quit, I call with 98o after sillyhead min-raises . Some other folks call, too. Flop comes Th 9h 8d (my cards are black), and kooky bets pot ($88). I call, thinking to myself that I'm not gonna risk my whole stack with bottom 2 here, no matter how nuts my opponent is. Someone calls behind us. Turn is another 8, filling me up ! Dude bets pot (360), I call, other dude folds. River is a deuce or something, and crazy bets pot again ($1080), I put his last 400 in, and he thinks for a while before calling. He has T5o for tp/no kicker , and my rush is complete. 5 hands, $360-->$5200. Party Poker is rigged.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Re: No content rush story--SuperSystem Style

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

No sooner do I run my mouth claiming to be great at the PP NL than I go on an 8K downswing . Played very badly after the 1st 4K, and bluffed off the rest, basically.

So, I lost 7 yesterday, and just thought I'd jump on for an hour or so tonight. Promptly dropped 1500 in the 600 PL while I waited for a 1000 seat. Then I sat down in the 1000, and one player in the game had 4K. I opened my notes on him, and they said, " loose and stupid ." I really understated that, as it turns out.

Then, I'm treated to a sweet display of megalomania --bet pot, re-raise pot if raised pot, all on a gut-shot, get there, etc.--not against me. Against me, he successfully bluffed, since I was determined not to get too deep tonight. Then, the guy between me and kooky gets half of kooky's chips. I'm down about 600 (I guess that makes 9K), and instead of rebuying, I decide to quit. I was literally playing my last hand, with $360, and the railbirds are laughing at me .

UTG I'm dealt A5o , and I raise pot. Only nutjob calls from the SB. Flop is 9 5 3r, Check, I bet pot, he calls. Turn is a J, Check, I bet pot (200-something), leaving me with $14. Crazy calls. River is a K. Fruitcake gives a lonnnnnng, dramatic pause, and bets 800. I call 14 of it. He shows 42o , MHIG. For some strange reason, I decide to stay.

I fold 42o next hand in BB, and would've made a wheel. In the SB, I have J5c , everyone limps, I complete. Flop is 55J . I check, checked to our friend, he bets 25. Good player between us makes it 100. I call, crazy calls. Turn is a 7, I check, crazy bets pot. Good player raises pot to 1400, I go all-in for 600 of it, crazy folds. River is a K, and MHIG against his 85s trips.

Next hand I'm on the button, and now I've moved my 360 into 1900. Kooky limps, I raise to 25 with Ad5d , SB calls, BB makes it 90. Kooky calls, I call. BB must have something, as he just said that his kid is puking so he has to go. Flop is Kd 2d 4d, giving me the stone cold . BB Bets 150 when SB checks, I call, SB calls. Turn is 8h. BB bets 600, I go all-in for 1600, SB folds, BB calls 400 more all-in, he has KhQh--drawing dead. Railbird says, "Now he's puking with his kid." Now I have 3600.

On the 5th hand from when I pledged to quit, I call with 98o after sillyhead min-raises . Some other folks call, too. Flop comes Th 9h 8d (my cards are black), and kooky bets pot ($88). I call, thinking to myself that I'm not gonna risk my whole stack with bottom 2 here, no matter how nuts my opponent is. Someone calls behind us. Turn is another 8, filling me up ! Dude bets pot (360), I call, other dude folds. River is a deuce or something, and crazy bets pot again ($1080), I put his last 400 in, and he thinks for a while before calling. He has T5o for tp/no kicker , and my rush is complete. 5 hands, $360-->$5200. Party Poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was on the waiting list to sit with you fish.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:45 AM

amazes me every day

its either "God Bless Party Poker" or "WTF IS GOING ON!?!!?"
Old 03-27-2005, 05:21 AM

This post made me laugh. I hope you were intentially trying to be funny, or else I might feel bad.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:39 AM

Dude, solid post. I was cracking up.

Bob
Old 03-27-2005, 07:43 AM

bruiser plays these NL1000 party games>
Old 03-27-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bruiser plays these NL1000 party games>

[/ QUOTE ]

bruiser plays 25/50 nl usually. maybe he took a beat and dropped down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2005, 09:37 AM

Great reading. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2005, 03:48 PM

cero,

great to hear about the rush. there is a weee bit of variance in this game. it's funny how schizophrenic the pp tables and players can be.

matt
Old 03-28-2005, 11:04 AM

nice post cero, and glad to hear about the rush. the bold text is a great addition.