Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Evaluate and critique my pokertracker stats

Hi, I have been playing 2/4 limit on Party for a while now. I recently got pokertracker and want some criticism of my stats. I was winning about 1.0 BB/100 for 50k hands before I got pokertracker but I only have 20k hands in pokertracker and my win rate is down to 0.5 BB/100 for those 20k hands. I know that isn't a significant # of hands but I have a feeling I am doing some things wrong and I want harsh criticism where warrented.

VP$IP: 15.20
VP$SB: 21.47
Folded SB/BB to steal: 91.96 / 84.82
Went to SD: 32.01
Won $ at SD: 53.66
PreFlop Raise: 5.36
aggression factor 0.93

I try to play tight/aggressive like SSHE recommends but I think I have the tight part down, not so much the aggressive. I think my worst statistic is Went to Showdown 32 percent of the time. I think I call down too often but some of my opponents are sooooo bad that I don't want to throw away winners and often they will play anything and even bet and raise with no pair no draw. So I call down often with a pair, even middle pair and if I'm against a total maniac I might bet and call down with AK unimproved. Critique me!
Old 01-15-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Evaluate and critique my pokertracker stats

Went to SD is just where you want it.

You need to raise more preflop, and be much, much, much more aggressive postflop. You can probably safely raise as much as 10% of your hands preflop, and your aggression factor postflop (preflop numbers not included) should be over 2.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I call down often with a pair, even middle pair and if I'm against a total maniac I might bet and call down with AK unimproved. Critique me!

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing you may need to review is the gap concept (i.e., a bad play would be to call, a better play would be to fold, but the best play would be to raise). Try to think up examples where this concept is correct and be able to tell yourself why. I think this is a prime example where poker logic is antithetical to our normal reasoning.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:57 AM

I know almost nothing about this stuff, but I do know that your AF is WAY too small. Under 1 is just really passive. I think 2 is sort of the low-end standard for AF. Also, your VPIP is low and your PFR is low.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:14 AM

You aren't raising enough preflop. Do you open raise A9o from CO? What about 99 from MP? or K8o from the button?