Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2004, 09:04 AM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)
Default 10-2 suited in the big blind in a raised pot...after the flop.

I got feedback on the preflop play in a previous post. There was one close and 3 folds - so it looks like it was something that should have been in the muck. As a stated in a previous post, I saw something the other day giving the odds of a favorable hand with 2 suited/no straight potential and it motivated me to make a loose call.

So, in the feedback, please let me know what you think after the flop.

Questions:
1.) limp 3 bet on the flop with big multi-way pot, 4 flush bottom pair? or just call the raise? I know if this were a nut flush draw I would be jamming and there is a chance that I am behind to a bigger draw - but with the extra outs from the 2, it felt like the right thing to do - too aggressive?

2.) On the turn when the 3rd two comes, is this a good time for a check raise since it appears that I have been ramming a jamming a draw? (or will opponents pick this up?)

Thanks,
Kevin

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB