Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Partys increase in rake

I know there isn't much we can do about this, but I think we honestly contribute a good portion of rake that Party makes. For every 2+2er there may be 50 that aren't, but we certainly play a lot more than the "casual" player. In fact some people play 8+ tables while logging in 6 times as many hours as the regular casual player. I think if we all just signed a petition, an online petition, especially leaving the tables/how many tables we play and we tell them that we would simply not take this (even if its only a blind threat) I'm sure this could make them think about the impact we could potentially have on other future players as well as the immediate profit from us. Also party does not want this to go to the media. I can almost guarantee you that. Hey even if there is only a gutshot odds here to make it work, don't you think we should take action? Being a Passive player is the worst. There will be a point where poker will not be profitable enough for any of us except for the huge winners. But they won't get to play anyone to compensate for it. So we will see our sthiefs playing or kris for a 1bb rake per hand.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Partys increase in rake

I think that with gas prices cracking $3.00 a gallon in some places, no one in the media is gonna notice party's 1$ rake increase for shorthanded limit poker tables.

simple economics will solve this one.