Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Virus Warning about pokergrapher - I\'m pretty freaked out

Sorry if this has been posted before because I haven't seen it. I know a lot of people like to use pokergrapher (like myself) and having been using it for a while and love the program.

I just logged on to my computer and a virus warning popped up from AVG. It says it has detected a trojan on version 1.35, on the install exe file. I hadn't even opened up any windows or programs and only had my browser window open.
Without hesitation I deleted the file and when I opened my exlorer window again another virus warning popped up and again version 1.34 install exe file has a trojan.JH file on.

Has anyone ever got this? I'm pretty pissed because I really like this program but needless to say I'm pretty freaked out, doing a virus and spyware scan right now. I'm really hoping that it's AVG acting a little sensitive but it's unlikely as it says it has picked up a trojan. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Virus Warning about pokergrapher - I\'m pretty freaked out

I just had to download pokergrapher again today and it was clean.

Alot of different people are hosting this program so I guess it could depend on where you get it, maybe someone added the a trojan?
Old 06-15-2005, 10:07 PM

that's what I don't understand, I've had this program for a while now and it was working fine. I didn't do any upgrades or anything and today I got a virus warning just popped up from nowhere.

I got it from the pokertracker forum, on the pokergrapher thread. I think someone hosted 1.35 but that's where you can find it.

On a related note, for some reason my AVG could not update a few days ago for no apparent reason. These last few days it has been fine but something happened for it to trigger this warning. I just logged on my computer and this message popped up. I wasn't even doing a virus scan at the time.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:02 PM

AVG scored poorly in comparison tests(78% success). AntiVir performed best of all the freeware scanners at 86% detection rate.

Just an FYI. I am a former AVG user.

Make sure you have a good software firewall like Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 or a hardware firewall. This will lower your exposure to trojans.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AVG scored poorly in comparison tests(78% success). AntiVir performed best of all the freeware scanners at 86% detection rate.

Just an FYI. I am a former AVG user.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty for the info. I had used nortons and mcafee prior to using AVG. I read some good reviews of AVG from maximumPC and from reviews of users from this forum. Pretty happy with the product and has caught a few viruses that nortons did not pick up. That was enough for me to dump nortons. I will check out Antivir thanks.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:39 PM

When I tried to opened pokertraker today, i got a message saying,"Sorry,this version expired Wednesday june 15th, please visit pokertraker.com for updates."
But when i went to the website there was only this message:
"Due to personal reasons I have had to stop work on this project. I have returned all offered donations and I thank everyone for their kind words and support while I was working on this."

Did this happen to anyone else? whats the deal? is there any other progams similar to poker grapher available?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:50 PM

Download the latest (unrestricted) version from his site here...

Poker Grapher
Old 06-16-2005, 12:05 AM

thanks buddy
Old 06-16-2005, 12:53 AM

I had it installed already, but I figured I should get the installer while I still can, so I clicked your link. AVG told me it was infected. I'm curious whether or not it is possibly a false alarm due to similarities to a trojan included in recent AVG upgrades or something. Anyone have a known clean version that they could scan for comparison?
Old 06-16-2005, 01:00 AM

What virus did it say it was infected with?