Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 06:43 PM

Default Party 5/10, 6 max

I am thinking about playing Party's 5/10, 6 max. Any opinions on the general level of play at this game? Do the same party nuts that play at the lower levels habitate here as well? I was very successful at the 1/2, 6 max, and 3/6 full, and am hoping for similar success.

Later
Old 12-16-2003, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Party 5/10, 6 max

It's more aggressive than 1-2 6 max, but most people don't know what they're doing. There are some good 5-10 players. Game selection becomes important.

Try playing only 1 table. The jump in limits will naturally throw you for a loop. If you're playing 2+ tables, your play will lessen and you may not be able to handle the swings.

Without a doubt, the game is beatable. How smoothly you make the transition is up to you.

Cup
Old 12-16-2003, 07:10 PM

'Cups advice is right on. play a couple of orbits and then switch if the game sucks. Immediately. game selection is key, you have to seek out the clowns and put in many hours against them.

A lot of people here will have you believe you need like 4 million dollars to play the game correctly. I never keep more than $3K in my account at any one time, and I've never come close to losing it all. The swings are not all that great if you don't play like a maniac. If you're a solid player who is comfortable at playing shorthanded, then $2K should be plenty to start with.

What 'Cup forgot to mention is that if you can end up at my table when I'm steaming, well, those games are much more profitable!

Good luck...
Old 12-16-2003, 08:33 PM

i played in this school a bit 6 months ago and then left - i returned about a week ago

the games are very beatable - i dont see a lot of maniacs - the "default" game is loose pre-flop and post-flop but not aggressive - i am conscious of game selection and in a 1 hour session would likely play in 4-5 games whilst playing 2 at once - still i dont see a lot of indiscriminate raising, just way too much calling

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 12-17-2003, 01:29 AM

The games are beatable. I do believe that their is a jump in competition from 3-6 to 5-10...but it is not too much to overcome.

Thats the great thing about party...you can always find a good game....so just make sure you play the good ones.

Bubs