Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2004, 07:54 PM

Default 5/10 destroyed me

Started with 800$

Playing 5/10 HE

Down to 120$

Every hand i have had has been beaten. I have played solid cards. RAising high pocket pairs pre flop and raising AK or AQ pre flop. I have played all the pot odds to perfection.

The game has been beaten me and destroyed me bakroll. Any thoughts?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:04 PM

Default Re: 5/10 destroyed me

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can probably do an advance off your credit card or something and then crush all the idiot players as long as you are playing to perfection. Probably just hit a streak of bad luck to start off. It happens.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:04 PM

Tithead,

I have read some of your previous posts which are generally very naive about poker to say the least. If you have been playing great hands and pot odds to perfection then you are running bad. You clearly should not be playing 5/10 judging by your previous posts. For 5/10 I would want a bankroll of around 20k personally not 1k. Step down in limits until you can handle the swings.

By the way - great advice diablo. Maybe the guy can hawk his wedding ring too...

Also anyone know whats up with the "bonus whores" banners on two plus two. I mean I try to read this stuff at work and my boss walks by and asks what bonus whores are. Lucky for me he is a decent guy.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:10 PM

I have no experience at 5/10, however my close friend and poker pall does.(I'm not saying this necessarily holds, but from what the poster says about his play, it could).

My friend is a good player, and did really well at the 2/4 stakes, but when he moved up to 5/10 (No 3/6 on Ub) he got crushed almost same as the poster.

Ultimately his exprience was that 5/10 required more than perfect ABC poker (open door, I know).
It might be that poster could improve his results by improving non obvious mistakes in his game.

Again, it could well be a bad streak. But don't discount what I posted above.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:32 PM

Remember this thread? The advice was either to play small games or take a shot at the bigger ones, and if you lost it all to start over small again. You took a shot at the bigger ones and lost. Time to start over in the small games. Just go back to $25NL and work your way back up. Also, 80BB isn't _nearly_ enough for a bankroll, even if your play's been as perfect as you say.

This also probably isn't the best forum for your post, as you're not discussing mid-/high-stakes NL/PL.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can probably do an advance off your credit card or something and then crush all the idiot players as long as you are playing to perfection. Probably just hit a streak of bad luck to start off. It happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes your sarcasm is so thick I have to read your post twice to realize you're not being serious. Or are you?

Justin A
Old 08-26-2004, 11:36 PM

This is why I like deadpan humor.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:46 PM

5/10 HE?

Are you trying to lose your money really really fast?

I can't even believe what I am reading.

Diablo, you are funny but when he committs suicide will you feel bad? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2004, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo, you are funny but when he committs suicide will you feel bad? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he takes advice from some random Internet forum and then commits suicide after losing all his money, first off, it's highly unlikely that I'd ever find out about it, isn't it? And even if I somehow did, no, I really don't think I'd feel very bad.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:31 AM

tunnel wisdom in a jar....