Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Quick question

Lets say 20/40+ game, villan is a your typical 40/25 lag that can read hands but is not overall very good. He raises in MP and only you call in the bb with 57s.

The flop comes A 5 7

What is your line against a villan who will go multiple bets on flop and turn with top pair and good kicker, would probably call down with an overpair to the 7's, and fold any other hand either on flop or to a turn bet but might bluff the turn if you just called the flop.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Quick question

I fold PF against any opponent in this situation. Assuming I didn't...

I c/r the flop just about always and cap if he 3-bets, then lead the turn. If I get raised on the turn I call down.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Quick question

57s is probably as low as I go preflop, yeah I've been checkraising this everytime, but it seems to me we're letting a hand like KQ or a pocket pair off kind of easy, basically banking on villan have the Ace. I'm thinking this might be the situation where a donk bet might be in order, you'll get plenty of acion from an Ace, and you might initiate a little more action from a poket pair or a KQ type of hand.