Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:08 PM

Default JTs

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3205330295 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is UTG+2 with <font color="black">T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (8 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls, 3 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, SB calls, BB checks,

Flop: (4.00 SB) <font color="blue">T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (4 Players)
SB checks, BB <font color="green">bets</font>, UTG+1 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, SB <font color="darkred">folds</font>, BB calls,

Turn: (4.00 BB) <font color="green">3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, BB calls,

River: (6.00 BB) <font color="red">A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="blue">HERO</font> checks,

Final Pot: 6.00 BB

Considering the LoOsE player I didnt feel comfortable betting when the ace hit. Should I have?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: JTs

Bet/fold.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:11 PM

I doubt that he goes for the c/r here with an A. Most 2/4 players are too scared of it getting checked through. I would bet/fold since you will see all sorts of random crap that you beat all the way to 44,55.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:22 PM

If Villain were a tight player who chose to enter the pot, I'd be thinking there are a number of ways the river card could have improved Villain to the winning hand, whether he was betting a flush or straight draw on the flop or a pair. I'd also be a little concerned about having been outkicked in the first place.

But since Villain is in the BB and there was no preflop raise, he could have all sorts of worse hands, and there's no particular reason to think the ace helped him.

It's still not a great card for you, since, among other things, it might make it harder for you to get paid off by 74o.

Still, I'm thinking a bet-fold is probably best.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:38 PM

I completely forgot he was the BB. good point. I would have bet if I remembered that. thats what I get for 4 tabling.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:08 PM

Possible that he was playing and ace and now is going to check raise but i think the would have led out... Possibly on a flush draw that he missed.