Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Default KJs and ugly board

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3205262643 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is MP with <font color="black">J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (8 Players)
3 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Flop: (7.50 SB) <font color="red">A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>,

oh crap what do I do?

With 2 fish behind and this UNBELIEVABLY super dangerous board. I just couldnt give it to them I had to bet once. Any reason the check OOP vs 2 "I call with any ace" players?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: KJs and ugly board

I probably would have bet, but it does seem kind of pointless.

Checking and then calling (to chase your gutshot) if it's one back to you seems sensible to me.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have bet, but it does seem kind of pointless.

Checking and then calling (to chase your gutshot) if it's one back to you seems sensible to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-15-2005, 04:24 PM

is our gutshot even worth it. one of our Qs is a dirty out.

are the fish capable of betting anything if checked to? check/fold seems weak but maybe its just not worth it.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:26 PM

My typical play here is to bet the flop and make that THE LAST MONEY YOU PUT IN THIS POT. If I am called at all, I am done on the turn. If raised on the flop, I am done. You gutshot is tainted with the clubs and you have no backdoor draws.

Weak?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Yeah this is ugly but I don't agree that our gutshot isn't worth it. 3 outs to the nuts, and 1 more which is tainted but there's no reason two opponents will have clubs all that often. Check/call 1 bet, fold the turn UI. It might be worth sticking around with you catch a K/J non-club, depending on if both are left or not. But 8.5 or 9.5 to 1 closing the action is too good to fold.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:33 PM

Against only two preflop callers, getting 7.5:1 I'm taking a stab at the pot unless I have a good read that one or both callers is either: (i) a mondo-calling station, or (ii) in love with ace rag.

I agree that it often seems pointless to bet these flops. That said, it doesn't have to work all that often to be profitable.