Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Anything wrong here?

Villain had only played a couple of hands and I had no reads or stats on him.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks. (I don't like betting here against unknown villains)

River: (4.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.00 BB.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Anything wrong here?

Looks good to me, i was wondering about the turn bet and i think we have marginal equity and getting raised sucks.

As we've no reads its impossible to say if he'll fold the turn or not. He'd have to do it 30%+ if we're behind i believe so it looks good.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:18 AM

I'm bet/folding this turn and checking behind UI. If I improve then I bet the river.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 AM

i like bet-folding to a turn c/r.

On the river it looks fine given your line. If you'd raised the turn SB may have c/c perhaps, looks like A2 just made 2 pair, or slowplayed 87 from the turn. I imagine you're toast, but calling 1 more with TPTK HU, getting 9-1 (notwithstanding the river raise)...seems ok.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:14 AM

My standard line here would be bet/bet/check (unimproved) folding to any aggression.

As an A fell on the river i would go bet/bet/bet..if he check raised the river bet i would probably just call.

If he donk bet the river i would play it the same as you.

Hope that made sense..
Old 12-14-2005, 11:22 AM

I think that I bet the turn here. You have enough fold equity against more players to make it profitable. I check behind UI on the river.

When the A hits here, I play the same but I don't know what to do when he 3bets. Is there any chance that we win this. Is it high enough to crying call? I don't know. Without reads I call but it is close. I would expect to see AT or A9 here almost always.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:24 AM

HU with position I bet the turn here. I would do this to (hopefully) get a free showdown UI and possibly win the pot right there. I think on the river I'd play it the same.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:47 AM

Is betting the turn +EV though?

Whats your reasoning?

How many outs are all of the "turn betters" giving us?
Are we ahead of drawing?
is our opponent folding?
What is our equity?

i think we miss the river and are behind to often to bet the turn.

Also IF WE BET AND HE RAISES we're getting 7:1 and with 6 outs we can call.

I dont like the turn bet, Please argue your point though - id like a conclusion here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many outs are all of the "turn betters" giving us?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say 4.5.

[ QUOTE ]
Are we ahead of drawing?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by this?

[ QUOTE ]
is our opponent folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the question. Of course a read would help here but I think that many players would fold for a turn bet that called the flop with as much as second pair. Now, that won't happen the majority of the time with most players but I think it happens often enough to make this play the right one also considering you have outs if you're behind. You could also be ahead to somebody with overcards (or even an Ace overcard that had a bd draw on the flop). I think this is a good time for a semi-bluff with a possibility that you've got the best hand a small percentage of the time. Granted, a pot this small isn't as valuable a time to semi-bluff but I think you've got to be willing to make these plays at six max. Also, by checking you're inviting even the most passive players to bet into you with weak holdings on the river.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 PM

I bet fold this turn. There is a good chance you are ahead here, people are going to peel that flop with total crap.

I am undecided on your river play. it is unclear to me if we're ahead 10% of the time after he 3bets.