Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 03:07 AM

Default TOP SET, BAD TURN CARD...

5/10 live WIILD game...
i have Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and limp in ep... i like to raise with this hand but this game was wild, and i stand by a limp...everyone calls , bb makes it $50, everyone calls. we take the flop 7 ways...
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
bb(~8k) bets $150, hero(3.1k) raise to $550, button (4k) coldcalls, bb calls
turn is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
bb checks, hero ???
both of these guys play EFFING AWFUL, but stack sizes make this one tricky... pot is about two dimes, i have 2500 left..
Old 04-22-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: TOP SET, BAD TURN CARD...

BTW... who just calls the flop? after the hasnd i was thinking this may have benn better for a couple reasons...
Old 04-22-2005, 05:07 AM

I call on the flop and then raise on a blank turn. Your outs to fill up are in your hand which makes it harder to call if you need to boat up to win. I keep this pot as small as I can until I either make my boat or the turn is a blank.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:28 PM

I think waiting for a safe turn card before you raise in a very wild game is poor. For one thing, almost half the deck isn't "safe" looking, but at least some of those cards are probably actually safe. Also, there are 3 or 4 players behind you who you should not want to let in for cheap with weak straight draws or even AA/KK. This is especially true if these bad wild players will make big mistakes like calling a big raise with those sorts of hands.

One time you would be willing to just call is if you think it is quite likely that someone behind you would raise and reopen the betting, allowing you to put pretty much your whole stack in now.

On the turn you're in a tough spot. It definitely hurts to have 2 of your own boat outs. On the plus side, your diamonds could well be good. You say both your opponents are awful, can you elaborate on that? Would they bet without the straight here? Would they CALL without the straight here?
Old 04-22-2005, 03:15 PM

the button will chase. hell call ANYTHING with AKJx on this board. the bb would def play worse made hands like top two w/gutter, 222, for all the money but the fact that he did not reraise the flop means that he is certainly drawing as is the other guy... one of the biggest reasons i like just calling the flop is that i had either 4 or 5 live hands behind me and if one of them raised, id be able to fit my whole stack in with the nuts...
BTW, for all intents and purposes assume that i will be going to the felt on the end everytime i make a full or a flush.