Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Party PL Omaha bankroll question.

I'm sure it's been asked before but I'm asking it again!

My current br is $700 on PP. I've been 3-tabling the $25 PL Omaha tables for the last while and have steadily made money.

When should I move up limits to the $50 and then the $100 buy-in tables? I won't be cashing out any time soon.

Just wondering how many times the buy-in people are playing with before moving up limits.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Party PL Omaha bankroll question.

I'm not sure where but I think I read in a old post that a good bankroll is 40x+ the buy-in? Seems like way too much though.

Also, I tried to search but couldn't find anything on winrates in Omaha. I'm sure lots of people use PTO here and was wondering what a good BB/100 or BB/hr is.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:23 PM

The more the better. 40 buy-ins is a pretty safe estimate though, but it's definitely not impossible for you to drop 40 buy-ins. It don't hurt to have more than you will probably need. Always keep your bankroll as fat as you can and you won't have to be worrying about it all that much. If you try to cut things too close, it can bring you lots of stress that you don't want to have to deal with.

Also I would not suggest that you change limits all at once. It might be best just to experiment at new limits at first and get your feet wet. You probably should not change limits then refuse to go back to the limit you are comfortable with. It can be a hard change to move up limits or at least was with me the first couple times I moved up the ladder.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:26 PM

So around $1000 is plenty to be playing the $25 buy-in tables?
Thinking about it now, I'll probably start playing the $50 Party tables when I reach $1000, just to see how my game is at that level. If I drop money then I'll move back down to the $25 tables.

By that logic the move to the $100 Party tables should happen when I've $3k-$4k?

What kind of bankrolls do the Party $1000 people play with??
Old 04-20-2005, 02:40 AM

I personally wouldn't play the Party $1000 unless I had $30000 in my BR
Old 04-20-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally wouldn't play the Party $1000 unless I had $30000 in my BR

[/ QUOTE ]

I data-mined those games for the hell of it for a few weeks and I'd want atleast 45 to 50K. That's just me.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:04 PM

I don't mean to sound rude, but some of you guys need to work on your game-selection.

Ejnar Pik, Southern-Docks.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:58 PM

id reckon 5-10 buyins should be fine for those stakes unless you have a passion for playing shorthanded LAG. Bankroll requirements is very personal though so you should just play with whatever you are comfortable with. It isnt really much of an matter anyway as long as you arent playing higher than say 5/10 PLO.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bankroll requirements is very personal though so you should just play with whatever you are comfortable with. It isnt really much of an matter anyway as long as you arent playing higher than say 5/10 PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are good points.

I would just add that I tend to play on the conservative side and my biggest session down-swing (in almost a year of play) has been 15 buy-ins. Moreover, I tilted a bit after losing 6 buy-ins. Also, I only ended the session down by 10 buy-ins. 5-6 buy-in down-swings are not uncommon. However, I've only had a couple of 10+ buy-in session down-swings.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:37 PM

20-30x is the rule of thumb. Personally I would play what you are comfortable with. I have a bankroll to play 2/4 and I rarely venture to that table. Just dont feel right there. Play where u make money is the bottom line.