Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Trapped in late position with QJs

This hand really bothered me, you can see on the flop how I come in on the button for one and it gets raised around twice trapping me then from there I was just sort of lost. All 4 oppnents are LAG, about 50 hands with 50% vi$p, MP3 is fish, plays alot of garbage hands, do you fold this top pair good kicker for 3 bets on the flop and the river looks like my saving grace, i thought this was the time to pump the pot, no?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (18 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB
Old 01-09-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Trapped in late position with QJs

Blast!

You sneaky deleting bastard Wario!!!

3-bet the flop dude (folding the flop was pretty bad IMO). Raise preflop (you got that right [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]).

Brad
Old 01-09-2005, 02:50 PM

I ignored the reads.

I would fold the flop against reasonable opponents [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My post paid the price for being utter crap.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:53 PM

Raise preflop. Go ahead and 3-bet this flop.

Rob