Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:07 PM

Default folding in a 2.7k pot

i just wanted to post this and see what everyone says without any commentary from me.

its the party $2K NL. i have almost $3k in this hand. preflop raise was because of the passive table and because i was loving getting heads up with the BB... just ignore it anyway

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $50, BB calls $40.

Flop: ($180) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $175</font>, Hero calls $175, SB calls $967 (All-In), BB calls $1237 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2734
Old 10-11-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: folding in a 2.7k pot

CALL
Old 10-11-2005, 11:37 PM

the PF raise is incredibly standard for me... thats actually a good hand for an open right there, haha.
i would call here. i dont even think its close. look how much they have... there are lots of draws, SB could have any iof them... BB is bad, right?
\why in gods name did you not raise the flop right off the bat with those stack sizes???
Old 10-12-2005, 12:11 AM

I would have originally raised the flop bet from BB, but you say you have history with him.....so whatever. Fold when it gets back to you, I think you're drawing thin to a set/straight.

JKratzer
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 AM

this is board is pretty drawheavy, and I'd think QT is good here. I think you'll see KJ from sb or a flush draw, and AQ from BB often enough to make this call profitable. Congrats on folding correctly if you did, but I like a call here.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:44 AM

calling here is awful. youve invested just a little in the pot and a straight or set are way too easy on this board. run screaming and get as far away from your hand as possible.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 AM

no way can calling here be awful. If its a fold, its definitely close. I mean just look at the pot odds, we are like 4.2-1 to fill by the river an we're getting almost 3-1...
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no way can calling here be awful. If its a fold, its definitely close. I mean just look at the pot odds, we are like 4.2-1 to fill by the river an we're getting almost 3-1...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming that there are two players all-in and neither one of them has a Q or a T.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:58 AM

it seems pretty presumptuous for you to make such an assertive post considering the other posts you have been making in this forum. by the way, "youve invested just a little in the pot" is not a good reason to fold.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it seems pretty presumptuous for you to make such an assertive post

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever dude. I've been reading the twoplustwo forums for five years now and over that time mike l. has consistently contributing good stuff. He is as much license to be assertive as anyone else.