Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Disable sound for one application?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone with further suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

E-mail them and give them hell? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] is it really that annoying? paradise as it too and you barely notice it...
Old 10-19-2005, 06:57 AM

I've emailed them already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] A fairly large fuss is being made on the Pokerroom "Pokah" forums as well, so I'm sure they will fix it with the next "upgrade". The problem is I doubt they will issue an upgrade for this one little fix, so we might be stuck with this for a while.

I usually listen to music or watch a movie via media player when playing, so it is rather distracting. When you've got 4 tables going you're getting a BEEEP approximatly once every 15 seconds, which kinda ruins any media experience.

I also just did create a wav file of the exact same size in bytes, but the auto-updater still managed to notice it was different and downloaded the beep on startup, so no luck there.

Guess I'm stuck with the java version, no stats, no notes, and no tracker for now.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:12 AM

OK OK I've got it working sound free, it appears I was being an idiot.

Immediately on loading the program, before opening any tables at all, delete the sound. I assume the program only loads the sound when you open a table, so you need to delete the sound as soon as you run.

I realise that was probably pretty obvious to those who suggested deleting the sound, but somehow I managed to screw it up first time round and got the sound all the same.

Apologies for wasting peoples time, and many thanks for all your suggestions.