Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 08:54 PM

Default SPort site = Security!!

A few months ago TOP_GUN and CHIMAN were playing HU 300-600. I saw TOP_GUN lose more than 120K in one session. There is no way to transfer that kind of money without the security of a big sport site (well respected) that people can trust 500K or more.

JAque

Old 11-09-2003, 08:59 PM

Default Re: SPort site = Security!!

they were playing for days on end ..didnt TOP GUN make some kind of comeback it looked like he did?? but there is really no way to know..only those 2 guys know.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Pokertropolis, a little investigative reporting

Hey Jek,

I play primarily at Pokertropolis, Wsex and Poker Club. I have been a horizon 20 customer long before I ever played a hand of poker. I learned how to play from watching Eric 123,Cupcake, Bobcards,Bricktop, Chiman and a few of the other "greats." Of course Cuppys my favorite. LOL.

In order of win I have won the most at Pokertropolis than Poker club than WSEX. I know a lot of these players moved from WSEX to play at Pokertropolis and I followed. Horizon 20s been around for years. There solid and since Pokertropolis is a division of Horizon 20 that makes PT solid.

Just for your info I have Never had a problem cashing out at any of these sites.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know on Pokerroom there are at least 7 or 8 bots in the $1-$2 games that are pretty easy to beat once you realize their strategy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, first I've heard of this. I assume you have some evidence to back this up?
Old 11-10-2003, 11:21 PM

Maggie500
Lunchmoney
Bangkok27
Softplay
Opponent
Zagnut

There are a few others I can't quite think of off the top of my head. Notice they all are from cities that are different towns near Denver, CO. There are on pokerroom playing $1-$2 24 hours a day 7 days a week, which is impossible. Two of them are never in the same room. They never talk. They always play premium hands very aggresively, but on poor flops will muck to much pressure.

I assume it's a few smart kids from a university in Colorado who wrote a program and are reaping the marginal benefits. But what do I know? Anyone else have experience watching these?
Old 11-11-2003, 04:29 AM

I used to play at Pokeroom a lot and noticed the same thing about these players, I always assumed they were props. They are beatable once you know their style.

Another interesting point is that they have been playing at the 1/2 level for at least a year and I have never seen them in a higher limit room. Seems odd a when a winning player never moves up.

SF
Old 11-11-2003, 06:30 AM

Default A year at 1/2 is a long time for a prop, unless you see them at

A year at 1/2 is a long time for a prop, unless you see them at four tables simultaneously.

If you are getting rake rebated 100%, it is approximately two BB per hour and $4 per hour is more along the lines of retiree prop just passing time, or recreational retiree grinding $2 per hour in profit without prop.

However, I know several props who have played upwards of 25 years who love the idea of playing 1/2, 2/4, 3/6 or some combination of two or three of those tables...playing break even or slightly plus and getting 2 BB per hour in prop, without the "Lebronmania" that he experienced at multiple tables of $15/$30.

The key is the ability to play multiple tables of lower limits to collectively reach a reasonable income.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:43 AM

Default Re: A year at 1/2 is a long time for a prop, unless you see them at

A year at 1/2 is a long time for a prop, unless you see them at four tables simultaneously.

It is not possible to play more than one LHE game at the same time at Pokerroom, that is why I thought it was odd.

SF
Old 11-11-2003, 06:46 AM

Default Then, if they have props, they are playing multiple sites, or

Then, if they have props, they are playing multiple sites, or not making much.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:31 AM

Default About Bangkok Maggie and the rest...........

They aren't bots they are probably props, who are extremely tight to the point of stupidity. They do talk occasionally infact Watchin had a hate on for me. One day I berated a clown who tried to slashout Watchin with god knows what what and I got caught in the cross fire with top 2 A 10 and I knew watchin didnt have AA in the hole so I wasn't sure if we were splitting or she had low triples, anyway I called him a clown and Watchin thought I meant her and she berated me and called me a clown. Also Bangkok occasionally talks, so does Maggie and Rinopastee. Tetris and Zagnut never talk.