Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: UTG min raise, call, CU re-min? Now What?

lol.. ahem...
Old 12-01-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) your analysis is correct ONLY IN A CASH GAME and NOT a tournament. seriously think about that. in a cash game i totally agree with you. you should wait for better hands and you should steal only pots that have NOT been entered much less raised ahead of you...but in a TOURNAMENT with 1500 in chips calling 40 is IRRELAVENT. if it were 2 chips would you call? seriously, 40 tournement chips is effectively 0 chips in a TOURNAMENT with stacks that deep. so that's where i think we a) disagree or b) you just don't get the concepts of tournament poker vs cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

those 40 chips are far from irrelevant, every chip you lose early gets magnified later on after you've doubled up a few times. But yea, i'm fine risking a small amount of chips to win a big pot, but it depends on your cards, you dont just pick random ones, A3o is not going to hold up well.. if youhad JTs, i'd probably agree with you, but maybe not even then consideirng you're not closing the action.

Nothing wrong with taking gambles, you but you have to be smart about it, and your gut might tell you that a call is good, but it's not, do the math, see what it would take for this to be profitable, it's unrealistic.

--

And as for your comment about playing in a game w/ 8 drunk guys... uh, i'll take that game over one with 3 rocks 3 good guys and 3 idiots, any day of the week.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
too funny...yeah, i could be "that" girl. who are you?

this is why i don't post on forums (second reason, besides not respecting anyone's opinion..ha) it's because the damn poker world it too small that people remember the 26 year old blonde chick so i can't actually get anonymity....

seriously, who are you? did i know you?

j

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm ... if j is the first letter of your first name, is A the second letter as well as the last letter of your name?

were you playing 20/40 in AC around Labor Day this year? and 15/30 (and maybe 30/60) Vegas in October?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ironically the more we write/talk about the hand the more he agrees with ME so as i said...this post was a success...we had a fight and now he agrees with me and we're happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else find this as funny (yet completely expected) as i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol.. ahem...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the only valid reason that you (the BF) were wrong for folding was because it was HER tournament and she told you to call. was being right to fold (which you were) worth all this hassle? clearly the answer is: NO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-01-2005, 06:21 AM

dude it's 2:15 am i'm going to bed in like 5 mins...so either tell me who you are or dont' but we've already established that you do know who i am so spill it ....and why are you on this forum at 5:15 am? all my friends would either be sleeping or playing poker at that hour! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 06:23 AM

hint: i actually resemble the guy in my avatar.

if you are who i think you are, we don't know each other so telling you my name wouldn't help but we've played against each other a few times and the only reason i know who you are is because 1) you're really chatty while playing and 2) you know people i know.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:28 AM

obviously you meant to write "fun and charming" instead of "chatty" but i understand you wanted to edit for brevity! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

hmm...you look like phil ivey? sorry i can't think of anyone. oh well if you know people i know i might run into you in vegas during the bellagio tournament in 2 weeks...if not, have fun playing in AC.

but you still didn't answer the question, what the hell are you doing on this forum at 5:30 am?

(oh ps give me a hint...age? initals? who do you know? what game did we play? etc)...actually i have to go to bed...really...ugh...ok ok good night. maybe i'll see you around.