Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Firepay \"new policy\" with high withdrawal fees

For the last 6 months or so I have used my firepay account to recieve my monthly rakeback payments. Usually within a week after recieving my money, I have been withdrawing the money via EFT transfer to my bank account. To date, all of these transactions have been free. Today, however, I was about to make a withdrawal until I noticed that they have begun to ask me for a $10 withdrawal fee.

I contacted them and after a couple of emails have been told that this is a "new policy,"

"Withdrawals are FREE for active FirePay users. If you only use your FirePay account to make withdrawals back to your bank account you will not be able to take advantage of FREE withdrawals. In order to benefit from FREE withdrawals, you must fund your FirePay account and transfer funds to a merchant's site."

"To be an active FirePay member you must, frequently (every 7 days) fund your FirePay account through your bank, and make transfers to merchant sites."

As such, I have very little use for firepay. The only reason I set up an account there was so that I didn't have to pay the 1.9% Neteller fee. Even though $10 is less than the % fee, I don't want to pay it if I don't have to.

Can I just take the money from firepay, dump it into Party (or some other site) and then withdraw it from the site to Neteller or my IMG pay linked bank account? If I do this every month, is firepay going to make up some new policy? Does anyone else do anything similar? Or should I just stop using firepay altogher? I could just have my affilate make payments to my UB account. I don't use it much, so I don't really want it going there but would rather do it that way than pay a high fee.