Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Folding a set for the first time as preflopraiser.

Are you scared he has AA here?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:05 PM

Your forgetting the idiot factor in your range. When its that close w/ a conservative hand range (-100$ EV) and a 3k pot, call because you could have misread villain and he could be a complete idiot/drunk etc. Most of the hand ranges we guess about should be phrased something along the lines of "against 95% of villains... i think theyr range is 5%; A 25%; X 50%; B etc." Well, you have a set, so against those 5% of drunk/lucky w/e retards you have them drawing slim/dead.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:07 AM

I agree with the others that have posted the likelihood of villian having an overpair, specifically AA. When I first read this hand, that was the first conclusion I came to. You represented an overpair by raising UTG and if that is indeed what you had, him putting in that huge raise on the flop with a set (after you've already rasied the initial flop bettor) just doesn't make any sense because he's allowing you to get away from a medium-strong PP (TT-QQ). He likely holds AA or KK and feels that he has you "trapped." I applaud you for your ability to fold a very strong hand based on your read of his play, but I really think you have a call here.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:07 AM

What was your image at the time. What was BB's image. Post the fast played set earlier.

BB leads with his 9x or whatever. You raise with your QQ, CO pushes with AA. This makes sense from CO's POV.

Pushing in this spot with 99 no makey sense with BB behind. 44 maybe. maaaaaaybe....

Helluva lay down.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Results..

My image would be LAG, atleast thats what I think of myself. BB is a regular fish, his bet probably was something like T9 o or so. I dont have the HH from the fast played set earlier.

Anyway he shows 444 and Im a very happy man.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Results..

cool. you're awesome.

you still should have called.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Results..

[ QUOTE ]
cool. you're awesome.

you still should have called.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome post. youre the best.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He could certainly have a set, but if he's capable, I would guess that he flat called you w AA/KK - maybe even QQ enough of the time to make this call correct.

And to your question - yeah - I would imagine that 99 or 44 would more often make thier move on the turn.

Like I said, you may be behind here - and I can get away from sets - but I probably make this call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lapoker hit it right on the head. No way he pushes here with top set on the flop.. I'd wait till the turn to pump it up... I think you are looking at slowplayed AA..I call.