Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Bad call on third and getting what I deserved.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised so many people have your back on this forum. Sometimes you really come off like a prickish egomaniac.

- Mac

[/ QUOTE ]

Now someone with 112 posts speaks up.

[ QUOTE ]
I love when people rationalize poor play. "Because this or because that", always an excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave completely logical reasons for what I did. Judging from your brief analysis my guess is that you suck at stud. Mac, this goes for you too. The only reason I jumped on your case was because you came off as an all knowing prodigy that made it sound like my play was terrible and that was that.

While my third street play in this hand was questionable theres far from a correct answer here. Did you happen to notice that the final consensus was that my third street call wasnt that bad? I'm still not saying its right or wrong, just that its up in the air, unlike you indicated. Why dont you both just scoot on back to your low limit games until you learn a thing ot two more, fish. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Mike Emery
Old 12-26-2005, 11:12 PM

Default LOL.

You are still a trip Andy...

=)

When the heck are you getting back out here to Foxwoods?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:21 PM

112 posts, but I can tell I definitely get laid way more than you do!!

Message board battling is always no win, so I'm not gonna get too nasty. Everyone plays for different reasons. I play recreationally in my low limit game because I enjoy the game. You've taken the game seriously and moved up (which i love to see). I take offense when you piss on people trying to constructively give advice (particularly in a forum as chill as the stud forum). It's a definite personality flaw. Also, post count is low but I'm old-school, '02, back when there were only MRB, Andy, and CJC critiquing each other's play. OK, off to the 3/6..

- Mac
Old 12-26-2005, 11:41 PM

Mike.Why ask for advice if you don't want it?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:56 PM

His problem with it was that the criticism wasn't constructive, and the advice wasn't good. As long as you give good advice you can be a huge prick. Sklansky isn't exactly the most friendly person in the world, but on a message board about poker strategy why the hell does etiquette matter? If the advice comes from a poster who is an arrogant 400 pound monitor tan dickweed or a charming millionaire playboy, what difference does that make to me?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 AM

Default NEW RULE

IF YOU SUCK AT STUD DON'T BOTHER GIVING ADVICE!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: LOL.

I'm actually in Connecticut right now, but decided to do barbecue instead tonight. 'Tweren't bad. Not Arthur Bryant's, not even Famous Dave's, but good nonetheless. I'm tentatively planning on playing in the $1000 stud event in the 2006 World Series, and I'm making a quick trip to the Borgata to see the Pogues in March. I probably won't get back to Foxwoods until next December.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Denied

One thing that helped me out tremendously a few years ago was having some dubious posts torn to shreds by more experienced players. Everyone should have the same opportunity.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually in Connecticut right now, but decided to do barbecue instead tonight. 'Tweren't bad. Not Arthur Bryant's, not even Famous Dave's, but good nonetheless. I'm tentatively planning on playing in the $1000 stud event in the 2006 World Series, and I'm making a quick trip to the Borgata to see the Pogues in March. I probably won't get back to Foxwoods until next December.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a 30% chance I'll be going to this too.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:40 AM

If you're talking about The Pogues, get your tickets sooner rather than later. Most of their dates have sold out. If you're talking about the WSOP, I look remarkably like the handsome young gentleman in the picture at left. Feel free to say "hi" if I'm not in a hand.
Closed Thread