Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 11:01 PM

Default Moving up the SnG ladder...

Hello all, been studying the site as part of my re-education, lots of great info here.

Got a few questions. I'm a fairly competent player who(when practicing the kind of discipline I am capable of)eats up the low level Sng's at PS (I think my current ROI with 5.50's is around 65-70%, not claiming to be a superhero but they are like candy) and is looking to step it up a notch.

I've heard the tales of the berry patch SnG's at PP. Should I kick it to the next level (I was thinking 20$)at PS/PP, or stick with 10$ for a while? If nothing else, I was going to stick with the 5.50's on PS and continue to refine my game for a bit....pays for itself, anyway, but am I ready for the 30$ game at PP?

My thanks in advance to anyone who has feedback.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Moving up the SnG ladder...

Ack...apparently i didn't dig deep enough and there are plenty of threads on this. If anyone has anything anyway, great. If not,I understand.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:59 PM

I wont go into the bankroll management, as you can see that's been done to death. I will tell you that moving from Party to UB last month was a HUGE adjustment for me, and I expect some more culture shock when I go back.

I suspect you'll do better in the long run at party, but the structures(and players) are so different it will take some getting used to. good luck
Old 08-07-2004, 12:00 AM

The turbos on PS will prepare you better for the games on PP. Games on PP are shortstacked with fast blinds compared to PS.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:44 AM

Thanks, guys. Just went 3/1/1 since my last post alone. I think it's time for the 10/1's.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]