Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: I Second

[ QUOTE ]
No mention of the draconian military cuts by Clinton which left our armed forces too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we talking about the same military that Rumsfeld said could easily hold a three-front war campaign without conscription in 2001?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 PM

Default the war is lost, it\'s just a matter of time

before the US leaves and the Shiites form a pro Iranian government. This could have been easily deduced before the war.

Bush and the neocons have less foresight than Hitler invading Russia.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: 14 more marines dead ...

There were, among others:

-Future of Iraq project : U.S. State Dept.: 13 volumes of recommendations and one volume of summary and overview

-August 1, 2002 testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, most notably Phebe Marr, Rend Rahim Franke

-the Strategic Studies Institute at the Army War College, in Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania, did a study of post-war Iraq possibiilties, mainly authored by Conrad Crane

You can read the article for other citations and for an insight into how the administration operates.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:18 PM

Rather than argue about whether the site or the guy is liberal or not, why not just read it and make you own judgment?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: I Second

Yes, and the same military that recommended 400,000 men for the Iraq invasion, which Rumsfeld cut in half. Precisely because he did not want to plan for the occupation.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:21 PM

The blood is on their hands as well.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:22 PM

He voted for the resolution. Would you prefer a senator who would have voted against it?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There were, among others:

-Future of Iraq project : U.S. State Dept.: 13 volumes of recommendations and one volume of summary and overview

-August 1, 2002 testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, most notably Phebe Marr, Rend Rahim Franke

-the Strategic Studies Institute at the Army War College, in Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania, did a study of post-war Iraq possibiilties, mainly authored by Conrad Crane

You can read the article for other citations and for an insight into how the administration operates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy your wasting your efforts, and so is anyone else trying to budge characters like FishHooks or BrokenGlassCan off of their belief that the Bush administration can do no wrong.

Any article, no matter how cogent and well researched and independently sourced, that attacks the administration's decisions will be dismissed as 'liberal and biased.'

If W himself stood before them and admitted he and other top officials of his administration had decided to 'do' Iraq right after 9/11, evidence of a connection or no evidence, they would say a liberal must have spiked their water with a hallucinatory drug, and it wasn't really Bush at all.

Frank
Old 08-04-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Democrat marine who just lost in the Ohio special election.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hackett is not as much of a hero as the other people who have served in Iraq?

Don't be a hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

His phoniness is less about what he did in Iraq than what he campaigned about. He minimized his liberal lawyering stateside and instead left the impression that he was a career marine. That is why he is a phony. (Just like John Kerry pretended that he never turned his back on his former colleagues once he returned to the States).

It is not their service that is phony, it is their presentation of their entire resume that is phonied up to misrepresent who they really are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that makes Bush the supreme phony, doesn't it? A man who was for the Vietnam war but used family connections to get out of it. Who didn't have the stones to face real danger in support of his convictions, but let others do it for him. But who then, when he has power, sends others off to fight another war (at no danger to himself). And has the gall to strut around in a uniform like Patton while on an aircraft carrier safely floating a few miles off the California coast, and in response to increasing insurgent violence shows all his fake machismo by saying: "Bring it on!" Taunting an enemy into increased violence knowing they can't reach his cowardly ass.

Yeah, W is a real American hero.

Frank
Old 08-04-2005, 04:38 PM

I can admit things this administration has done wrong and I allready have (border protection and speding) on many posts. However what I dissagree with is people saying bush is hurting american on purpuse and from many of your points of view you guys say he knew this would happen but ignored it.

Now I will criticize Clinton and other liberals but I wont say their trying to hurt the country on purpose and things like that. Your liberal statements are getting out of hand and thats why I dissagree with. Like I said allready I think its a fair debate to talk about postwar Iraq and that there have been mistakes, but again I hate when people say he intentionally made those mistakes to hurt America on purpose. Thats where I draw the line from a real debate rather then people just attacking the president in non appropriate ways.