Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 06:28 PM

Default O8 SNGs, endgames

I've only been playing omaha for a month, and i've only played 30 or so sit and go tourneys. i've been doing fairly well so far (70% ROI) though I know the stats mean nothing at this point. anyway, does anyone know where i can find some advice on how to loosen up the game with 5 and less players left? how does hand selection change? which flops look more appealing compared to the same kinds of hands with a full table? the search engine on here hasn't brought me anything, so i'd appreciate a point in a favorable direction.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: O8 SNGs, endgames

O/8 is occasionally discussed in the STT forum, but the main focus there is NLHE, and O/8 is usually played limit at SnGs.

The following is a good general discussion of limit SnGs (not O/8): Limit

The O/8 chapter in SS2 has a brief but very good discussion of short-handed O/8. It is not specific to tournament play, but gives a good discussion of how you should change your starting hand requirements as the table gets shorter.

One of the keys to SnG end game play is that the fewer the number of players, the less likely that there will be a qualifying low hand. Even the dreaded 8's and 9's can be playable, and big pairs are a monster. Draws to straights and flushes go down in value here. There are lots more scoops at the end.