Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Third Coming of the Designated No Content Thread! (Post it in here

[ QUOTE ]
You suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, there is that.

Actually one thing that helps me get through these seemingly consistant downswings is knowing that for the previous three weeks, the name "jaxUp" has conjured up images in everyone's heads of some drunken dude's hairy ass in a leopard print thong.

Sometimes I smile just thinking about it. I hope that trend will continue long after you take it down.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually one thing that helps me get through these seemingly consistant downswings is knowing that for the previous three weeks, the name "jaxUp" has conjured up images in everyone's heads of some drunken dude's hairy ass in a leopard print thong.

Sometimes I smile just thinking about it. I hope that trend will continue long after you take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the longer I have it, the more I come to appreciate it. I am contemplating keeping it long after the 26th.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the longer I have it, the more I come to appreciate it. I am contemplating keeping it long after the 26th.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have spoken with my roommate about this, and he will be very upset if you choose to rid yourself of association with his glorious photograph.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:03 PM

I may make it my Poker Stars picture.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:38 PM

Bah! Fine, don't call, ya bitches!

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 2 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">

No showdown. Hero wins 2 BB. </font>
Old 10-14-2005, 08:10 PM

Crap! Mis-click!

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 5 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 2 BB

Results in white below:

<font color="white">No showdown. Hero wins 2 BB</font>
Old 10-14-2005, 08:12 PM

The worst part of this hand was when they both called my river cap the software stalled for a second, and I thought it was cause the other players were mucking their hands. So as I got up to do a little dance in celebration of pulling a $120 pot I was pretty pissed to see it slide to UTG+1.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Brady is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Brady calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Brady checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Brady calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 calls, Brady calls.

River: (19.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady caps</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 31.25 BB

Results:
UTG+1 has Jc Ad (full house, jacks full of aces).
Brady has Th Jh (full house, jacks full of tens).
MP3 has Qc Kd (straight, ace high).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 31.25 BB.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:33 PM

Default sign in my neighborhood

WANTED

Preferably Alive- Orange Cat with Red Name Tag.

Please contact xxxxxxxx

Gave me a good laugh.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:34 PM

Default The new X-party skins

First hand at the table:

Hero is BB w/ 5:diamond 2:diamond. 9 folds. Hero wins 1.5SB.

A few hands later: Hero is UTG w/ AA. Hero raises; 9 folds. Hero wins 3.5 SB.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. The table has a 12% VPIP after 20 hands. Come back fishies!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: The new X-party skins

I dont have a hand to post...just need somewhere to let off some steam.

I have close to 10,000 hands on Party .50/1 limit, and I'm only break even. I guess I should be happy I'm not losing, but after 25k on poker stars .25/.50 limit having a win rate of 3.5bb/100, this is getting FRUSTRATING. I'm considering giving up poker all together if this doesn't turn around. Maybe I should take Madden back up again, but I don't make that much money playing Madden(also don't lose that much either.)

I have small forays for a few thousand hands in 6 max as well. I think this game may be unbeatable. Well not really, but it feels like it. Everyone calls raises with trash, and their trash catches. If I hold KJ and raise, flop comes either an Ace or all low cards. Same turn, same river. If I get AA or KK, the board pairs and I lose to trips, or the boards throws out 3 and I lose to 4 of a kind. My KK percentage is 19% out of about 15 hands.

I also played a few SNGs, $11. 190 of them to be exact. My ROI is 2%. They say it is beatable by 20% for a good player. I don't think I'm GOOD, but at least DECENT. Once, when my pocket 10s lost to 72o, I could see the 7 coming on the river that would give my opponent 2 pair...and it came.

This has been the most trying time of my poker "career". Of all the hoopla about Party being so full of fish...I am not a believer. I really hope things turn around. I may give it another 10k hands, and if it doesn't, I think I'm done with poker for good(not that anyone would miss me).

I know this isn't low content, but I think this is the only place I can put it without getting flamed for it.