Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 07:11 PM

Default For a \"publishing\" site, it sure is hard to order a book

Anyone else have this problem?

The first time I set up an account and password, and selected about five books to order. Went through the entire process, and thought I was done, but never really got the satisfaction of an "Your Order Was Completed" type of message. Waited for my books for a few days, but nothing ever showed. At least I wasn't charged. Probably a user error.

Second time, I couldn't set up an account...my email was already set up, but I didn't know the password. Gave up after about ten minutes of guessing, and went to Amazon.

Just now, I thought about trying again, but gave up when I saw all the account and password stuff.

Granted, I have screwed this process up by forgetting my password, but why do I even need an account? I have shopped planty on the Internet, and no problems.......Give me a freakin credit card screen, and send me a book.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: For a \"publishing\" site, it sure is hard to order a book

I've placed 5 or 6 orders with no problem. No offense Dude, but it is probably user error. I administer networks for a living. If users would assume they were stupid before assuming the system is broke, 95% of the time, they would solve their own problems. Then again, I would be out of a job.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:33 PM

I never assumed that it was broke. In fact, I assumed that it was entirely my fault.

But at the same time, I'm not a COMPLETE idiot....as a network administrator, I think you would agree that a little improvement might go a long way.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never assumed that it was broke. In fact, I assumed that it was entirely my fault.

But at the same time, I'm not a COMPLETE idiot....as a network administrator, I think you would agree that a little improvement might go a long way.

[/ QUOTE ]

they could easily streamline the process and make it much easier I agree.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:05 PM

Okay, okay...maybe it could be a little easier. The website hasn't changed much since it started years ago. I did not mean to be an a$$hole...it just comes out naturally.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:33 PM

Don't you also set up an account at Amazon.com?

You can't just get to a "freakin credit card screen" and order at Amazon (until you've set up an account).

I do like the Jim Anchower avatar though!